TD 8638 Requesting Deployment

I noticed a few small things, most are pretty easy fixes.

1. Angle belt corners

2. couldnt see they 6 brads/rivets on the left side

3. one snap on the top of right corner of the ab

4. Probably show the shoulder straps

5. Need a backpack for MEPD deployed, which will be the biggest fix.

6. show a pic of the butt plate seperation

Thats what I noticed off the bat. Looking good so far though! Deployment is just around the corner. :td::salute:

Looks great Colleen. Some of the stuff Phillip mentioned are necessay for SWAT deployment, but not necessary for regular MEPD Officer Deployment.

The few things you WILL need to do is cut the 4 small 45 degree angles on the corners of your belt.

Will also need a pic of your shoulder straps (need to be elastic or canvas mounted under the armor) and a pic showing the green lense in the bucket.

Try shining a light inside and take a pic.

Backpack is also a must. If you need help with that, either Rick (Dirty Boy) or myself can help with that.

I have build a few for our female members that I was able to slightly scale down for them while still keeping them accurate.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Good Luck!

Hi Guys, actaully she was just going for general status. I will however start working on some of the items for the next level up. Does anyone have a good picture of what is needed for the snap on the ab plate. By looking at the photo in the CRL its hard to identify which part of the snap should be exposed. (as we all know with a snap technically there are 4 different pieces) I want to make sure I have the correct on showing. A picture with the belt on would be best, so I can judge in relation to the belt where it should be. Also are the rivits on the left side attached to anything or are they just present (ie. are they used to fasten a shim in)

If you go through the swat requests or some of the deployed requests they have some good shots of the snaps and rivets close up, as for them holding anything they dont have to. You just need the look not the true functionality of them. I thought she was going for deployed status which this area is for. She is just looking for sandtrooper access as of right now is what you are saying. She should post here: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=1536 . Then the mods will get her the correct status.

Actually it says all the stiff I mentioned in the CRL as MEPD deployed requirements.

Check the CRL again Phillip. Scroll down tilli you see the MEPD Requirements. You will notice that the 6 rivets and snap on the Ab/kidney area are NOT necessary for regular MEPD.

Scroll down a bit further and you will see them listed as a "Must Have" under the SWAT requirements.

I would never tell anyone not to do the mods, cause they only add to the accuracy of the armor.

Just trying to provide accurate info so she can make her decision to add it or not.

I found where my confusion with Quartermaster is coming from. I didnt use the Legion boards CRL when I did my TD just the one on here. In the CRL on this site they have the snaps and rivets included on the construction notes right under the 501st section so when I read the 501st needs I assumed that was a requirement. Sorry for the confusion :sweat: but it is an easy addition to look more accurate anyways.

Hey troops....no need to worry: :) The rivets and snaps are an easy mod and if you elect to do them you'll be happier with how much more accurate your gear will look :) good luck on the submission man

I found where my confusion with Quartermaster is coming from. I didnt use the Legion boards CRL when I did my TD just the one on here. In the CRL on this site they have the snaps and rivets included on the construction notes right under the 501st section so when I read the 501st needs I assumed that was a requirement. Sorry for the confusion :sweat: but it is an easy addition to look more accurate anyways.

No harm no foul Phillip. You did the right thing letting her know. It would be more accurate with them of course. Just wanted to let her know the opttions.

Sorry for derailing the thread Colleen! Now back to some MEPD Deployment!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yes! Just to echo Juan's earlier request... please re-submit your deployment application pics. Looking forward to seeing your armor mods!

This is great! It appears more women will be joining our ranks in 2013. We have at least 3 currently working on joining from ROUTE 66 Patrol. :td::thumbsup: