Sunny day

Joe Versku

I'm still a troop virgin and I've wondered how it would feel like to personally be in the armour when the sun is burning down on you. So I fooled around in the garden with my family for half an hour today. I actually found the body strangely cool when the wind was caught through the gaps but my head was definitely feeling the humidity. I had no fogging and breathing was fine but I did wonder how sweaty I would be if I'd stay in it for a couple of hours! So...

Do the mini fans really make a difference in the helmet ? Or are they unnecessary weight ?

Do you recommend a head sweat band ? (I have a thick head of hair)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice looking armor, Brother!

Yeah, a headband will definitely help and those squirrel fans do help cool you down as well as circulate the air inside the helmet. You can get a little light-headed after more than a half hour of wearing the things without taking a break.

Thanks ! Okay will try'em out. What about rehydration ? I used to mountainbike a lot and had one of those slim camelbak water packs you put on your back with a tube attachment. Anybody ever hid one of those packs in the Sandy backpack and fed the tube (concealed) up to the lid ?

Joe,

Fans are a must amte. I got some very simple ones from maplin, running from a 12V battery either side that I mounted into my helmet by glueing a piece of elastic onto the inside. They have toggle switches for ease of use, and are definately worth having.

Nick

I have never had batteries get hot on me? Unless you wire them incorrectly, you should be fine.

Another words, a 12 volt fan, needs 12 volts of power, not a 9 volt by itself. LOL

Seen this done before.