Received my new MP40 ammo pouches

Today I received my German WWII MP40 Canvas Pouch set from Numrich Gun Parts. They were around $35 for the set after shipping. I believe the color of the set you receive is chosen at random. I received the dark green canvas pouches. They are great quality. I just need to unstitch the tool pouch and re-sew it back on having moved it over an inch or two. I'll weather them, fix the loops on the back of the pouches and either dye them or cover them in a few coats of Plasti-Dip (which I've seen done by another trooper and it looks great). I have posted the link below if you're interested in ordering from the place I found them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.gunpartsc...pouches&catid=0

I took the tool pouch off of my MP40 shoulder pouch so that I can move it in and I re-attached it. Now to weather and make the pouches black.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now to weather and make black. Any tips on making it black without using dye? I've been told a Sharpie marker worked nicely as well as Plasti-Dip....thoughts?

Spent an hour or so "coloring" the pouches with a Sharpie permanent marker. This tip was given to me by a member of another Garrison. I like the results. Now to add some dirt and light weathering.

Posted Image

Spent an hour or so "coloring" the pouches with a Sharpie permanent marker. This tip was given to me by a member of another Garrison. I like the results. Now to add some dirt and light weathering.

Posted Image

lol....30 seconds with a can of spray paint lol....looks good though

Yeah...but I wanted to keep the leather straps as they were. Didn't want to paint over them. Didn't feel like taping it up either. I think they look good. Tomorrow I'll get some actual dirt on them

Weathered my pouches using the simplest method I could think of. Actual mud from my backyard. I simply rubbed it into the canvas fabric and let it dry in the sun. I loved the way it looks. Now to just attach them to my belt and backpack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some of the parts that look too dirty I'm going to rub off so that it doesn't look too concentrated in one area. I'm very pleased with it.