Calves - Velcro in the back

OK, I'm almost done with my build. I have a question about the velcro in the back of the calf. It closes pretty well and looks good with a straight-on look, but if you're looking at the seam / 1" cover plate from the side, you can see a thick black seam. Is this normal / OK? Do I switch to white velcro instead of black? I'll take all suggestions. I've tried heating the armor to get a better fit but that's not helping alot. If anyone knows, I'd like to know what the most popular method is to close the back and still have it look clean. I've had issues posting a pic, otherwise I would. Thanks All.

I always use white velcro anytime I am using it on any white armor, just to help hide it, especially on the calves. I use the industrial strength on the backs of my calves, it holds very well and is hardly noticible under the cover strip.

I'd switch to the white man....when you troop it's going to loosen up and the Velcro would be more visible...you could also switch to the screen used set up but it's a lot more work

Yeah... If you are going the velcro way, i would go white...

Anyway, I actually dont use Velcro if possible on my armor since it is not my favorite technique. I just have my calves closed by preasure in the clamshell itself. Do have an elastic inside going acrros from one side tothe other, but it normally isnt needed.

The ANH way to do it is with elastics going acrros and little bra-like hooks, hooked into a whole on the other side.

Whatever works for you.

Saludos.

:)

Thanks for the replys, I'll be getting White Velcro tomorrow. Hope to get the armor finished tomorrow and maybe even weathered and on my way to getting my 501st ID with the Golden Gate Garrison. Woo Hoo - finally