My first build, need feedback

Doc

Hello everyone. I am building my first set of armor aiming to join the 501st and MEPD. Halfway into the build I wondered if you guys could be so kind to give med som feedback/advices on my progress? Since it´s my first time I´m rather insecure about the all the details, how well the armor fits together etc. I haven´t started on the legs yet, and I´m missing details like ab buttons and belt.

Please be kind, like I said..first timer...post-5090-0-21839400-1362614144_thumb.jp

We're all happy to help out here. Can you post a few more pictures and some close-ups? I think you'll find the support here very constructive.

Good luck and enjoy your first build!

@ Lars - So far, so good! Looking forward to seeing more! No worries, everybody here is ready to help you and answer any questions you WILL have.

Good luck, Brother! You'll do just fine! :td::thumbsup:

Hi :) Thanks allot. I am really struggling with posting more pictures. Seems like I have reached a top limit (80K?)

Lars,

Most of us upload our photos using a sevice like photobucket. Should be easy to do... and it's free.

I'm sure someone out there can provide actual "screen shots" for you, but I'll try my best to walk you through it...

1) While in Photobucket, click "Get Links" on the photo you want to upload. Next, single click the box beneath "Direct Link". You will notice a message that says "Copied".

2) Now, back on your MEPD post, click the "Image" icon. Paste (Ctrl V) the link into the box.

You must do this for each photo. Try this out and let us know if you still need more (better) help!

Great job posting the pictures!

The build is coming along nicely. There are a few things you could change... the paint could be extended at the top of the vocoder, and the large return edges on the tops of your biceps could be removed. Don't forget to paint the rank stripes on your ears.

I too have an AP kit if your looking for something to compare to.

First build? Nice work bro can we get some side shots with arms up?

Have you started legs yet they can be tricky I find if you measure round your legs above the knee and thighs then 1/2 it for each piece is good( back n front if its too loose round bottom of thigh you'll have bending issues :)

More pics ;)

Thanks guys! Great tip on removing more of the tops of biceps, because when I lift my arms up, the bells follow and it looks kinda weird. ALL tips on legs are appreciated. I have been nervous about even starting on them for the last two months!

Nice start.

You could try to attach the forearms to the biceps using a 2" wide elastic. That way the arms keep the biceps downward and visa versa.

As already stated, that return edge at the top of the forearms are way too big! They need trimming right down, dude.

It also looks as though you have some return on the forearms. If so, I would suggest taking this completely off for both comfort and accuracy.

Other than that, great work so far! Nice padding in the helmet, looks very comfy.

Thanks Smally. Allot of great advices here :thumbsup:

Nice start.

You could try to attach the forearms to the biceps using a 2" wide elastic. That way the arms keep the biceps downward and visa versa.

As already stated, that return edge at the top of the forearms are way too big! They need trimming right down, dude.

It also looks as though you have some return on the forearms. If so, I would suggest taking this completely off for both comfort and accuracy.

Other than that, great work so far! Nice padding in the helmet, looks very comfy.

The padding is the insides of my old MC-helmet ;)

Looking really good bro.

As stated, get rid of the return edge on the upper end of the bicep. It should be about 5mm maybe.

Also, I think you should open the teeth holes more up and downwards. Check references if needed.

Also, you could ope. The eyes a but more. Except if you are replicating an specific trooper, you should remove all plastic on the end wall of the eye if you get what I mean. Only the return edge of then should be left but no "end wall" should be there. Maybe sonrie else can explain enter what I mean. **** languages. ;)

Very good job so far bro.

Saludos.

Hey agree, lookin good. Question other than the trimming the return edge.

Did you assemble your parts with the butt and strip method? Looks great, just keep up the good work, and ask questions, when in doubt.

Measure twice cut once, as we say in construction work.