My first build, need feedback

Doc

Oh no, we're not doing the pants game again are we ?!

LoL nice work on this armour ! Question: is that black webbing that attaches your crotch to your butt plate ? If so I find elastic a bit more giving for strapping in areas that can see a lot of movement. Do you plan to mainly stick to velcro or was this just a test fit and you have other plans so to speak?

Haha, a dewbackcostume could be fun, but I´ll stick to the idea of being approved :yes:

Oh no, we're not doing the pants game again are we ?!

LoL nice work on this armour ! Question: is that black webbing that attaches your crotch to your butt plate ? If so I find elastic a bit more giving for strapping in areas that can see a lot of movement. Do you plan to mainly stick to velcro or was this just a test fit and you have other plans so to speak?

The black webbing is actually an elastic band, just with a different texture. I had meters of it laying around... It´s the same around the biceps. I wanted to try velcro after reading about it somewhere on the forum, I had that at home as well, and it works fairly well. The quality wasen´t industrial, but I want to try it out, and if it works I´ll stick to it ;) No poun intended.

Lars, looks great man. Nice start. Love the dewback idea and cowboy picture, funny. Love the name too (Lars), little pun intended...hehe. You are on your way man. Everyone here talked about some ideas to get it spot on. Your mic tips may need some straightening, but that depends on the trooper you are trying to do. If you are doing a generic sandtrooper, then you should be fine. Great details on the rivets in crotch area and right ab top. Do you have some detailed pics of the left side 6 rivets? Also might want to look at adding the 6 screws to the bottom return edges, if you want to go accurate. They are how the originals had the strapping, but no need to do the strapping that way, just add the small flat head screws. ROLF's SWAT post has some great pictures of those.

Overall it is a great build and nice attention to detail. Keep the pictures coming brother. Man here to help and give advice. Now get some legs on, this is a 'G' rated post, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are we there yet? (Donkey from Shrek)

Yes, I belive we are! Approval application sent to GML today! Hoping to join you guys very soon ;)

Posted Image

Yo Lars, i like the looks of that :thumbsup:

Congrats form here, looks good to go.

Maybe i would rework your ab sandy 3 dots, order a ab 3 dot plate piece and add it on, maybe heat up the section platform and make a small cleave down as well and add the 3 ab dot on it like this:

Posted Image

Hey Lars,

your first built is really great!!!

just one little point to your fieldpack: the mortar tube is too short. i think it must be round about 73cm long (i hope)

best wishes to your approval!!!