Move Along Trooper Hand Plates

AlexZ76

Good Morning everybody,

I was just studying the HighRes Pix When I saw that the hand plate on the right is a left one...

http://www.looksirdroids.com/hd_caps/pages/sandtrooper_hd_066.htm

...and the left is a right one...

http://www.looksirdroids.com/hd_caps/pages/sandtrooper_hd_063.htm

or are my pictures inverted?

How shall I glue them to the glove?

Cheers...

Alex

thats weeiiird,pics cant be inverted on that so looks like there on the wrong way(or the right :unsure: )

confusing,good pics though,id say dont put them that way as it would be more uncomfy to wear but wait for the more experienced guys to chime in before doing anything :thumbsup:

Your right, i have notes that as well...

But i have not been posting it.

Because now i might have to glue them wrong on for my new deploy swat status again, whit my new RS Sandtrooper coming up soon.

LFL art dept, what have they been smoking... :teehee::turned::woot::yes::whistling::nuke:

I am sure that this is something that we could let slip for SWAT? What do you think Command Staff?

Nick

It sure looks bad, and not cool at all.

But if its screen used... i guess its screen used/accurate for the looks.

If i did it, i might add them on so i could get them add on right later on :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Man!!

How is it that nobody posted that before!!!

I have seen those pictures at least a 1000 times and never noticed that.

Now... I will have to add it to my SWAT build.

Not a nice looking upgrade, but, swat is swat...

****! I need to talk to Karin and place an order.

I guess we will have to include that in all Road Block Sergeant builds for SWAT now.

Good eye!

:)

Saludos.

Hand plates worn on the wrong hand can be seen on many troopers in ANH. Same goes for the shin armour too - a real mix and match of pieces thrown together and worn on the wrong leg.

I think wearing them on the wrong side is a good upgrade. Whatever is seen on screen is what we should be aiming to look like whether it is good or bad. Those are the real troopers we should be trying to emulate - not ideal versions in my opinion :)

By the way, just made some really nice latex hand plates ;)

Posted Image

Rolf...

sorry I wrote that post ... I think Karin will be busy this spring ( I'll pm my bank account number for commission )... now I'm glad the different glues I used didn't work...

Its all good bro :D it a good topic, as we need to spot every thing on all the sandtrooper´s in ANH from the little things to the bigger major things.

From white gaffa tape on the shins, to circles on the orange pauldron etc its all good, and the stuff we like here in the sand box :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...

Alright, during my research for my Sandtrooper reference website I have found the following on this trooper:

There are 3 distinct scenes involving him.

1. Roadblock as the speeder approaches

2. Roadblock as he is talking to Luke and Obi-Wan

3. Falcon Take-off

Now although the Roadblock is 1 scene we already know that he changes from a 3 slot leather MP38/40 pouch on his right hip to a small spanish pouch. At the same time it appears his hand plates change too.

In scene 1. As the speeder approaches he has a backwards hand plate on his right hand and the correct way on his left hand.

post-2653-0-86553400-1354010733_thumb.pn

In scene 2 as it changes to him talking to Luke and Obi-Wan we can see that his right pouch changes to a small spanish and it appears, from this picture that I have enhanced a bit that he has a normal hand plate on his right hand, although we cannot see the left hand in this scene.

post-2653-0-36922500-1354010839_thumb.pn

And then the same trooper is outside Docking Bay 94 as the Falcon takes off and has the same hand setup as scene 2 with a backwards plate on left and forwards on right.

post-2653-0-57380000-1354011042_thumb.pn

Also as he says "Move Along....Move Along" he waves his left hand and can be clearly seen to have a backwards hand plate on the left hand.

post-2653-0-28756000-1354011214_thumb.pn

I would suggest that the combination is not both hand plates the wrong way around but actually one correct and one backwards for some reason, depending on which scene you are looking at.

Let me know what you think.

Nick

Copied over from another thread on this subject I thought this would be useful SWAT information.

Alright, during my research for my Sandtrooper reference website I have found the following on this trooper:

There are 3 distinct scenes involving him.

1. Roadblock as the speeder approaches

2. Roadblock as he is talking to Luke and Obi-Wan

3. Falcon Take-off

Now although the Roadblock is 1 scene we already know that he changes from a 3 slot leather MP38/40 pouch on his right hip to a small spanish pouch. At the same time it appears his hand plates change too.

In scene 1. As the speeder approaches he has a backwards hand plate on his right hand and the correct way on his left hand.

movealong_hands_1.png

In scene 2 as it changes to him talking to Luke and Obi-Wan we can see that his right pouch changes to a small spanish and it appears, from this picture that I have enhanced a bit that he has a normal hand plate on his right hand, although we cannot see the left hand in this scene.

movealong_hands_3.png

And then the same trooper is outside Docking Bay 94 as the Falcon takes off and has the same hand setup as scene 2 with a backwards plate on left and forwards on right.

movealong_hands_2.png

Also as he says "Move Along....Move Along" he waves his left hand and can be clearly seen to have a backwards hand plate on the left hand.

movealong_hands_4.png

I would suggest that the combination is not both hand plates the wrong way around but actually one correct and one backwards for some reason, depending on which scene you are looking at.

Let me know what you think.

Nick

i noticed this on brads pic earlierr nick,indicating that between shoots kit got mixed up when the guys "re-kitted" for shoots.... this is why i love the 76' style !....totally fascinates me....and we all learn even more about these guys,everytime we watch this movie ! ....LOVE IT ! :peace: .....76' ALL THE WAY ! :salute::duim:

Looks like he grabbed anyones gloves between takes. I bet they were all put in a pile between takes and each actor just grabbed a pair. They were al supposed to be the same and I doubt anyone really paid too much attention to the gloves.

Looks like you can go either way with these as long as you have two of the same plates. If anyone wants to get any latex plates from me I would be happy to let one guy have 2 x rights and the other have 2 x lefts.

I thought it was establlished already that he had 2 left handplates. Karin offers move along sets like this.

Either way its still a cool discovery and i8 have planned on doing the 2 left handplates eventually for my rebuild.

Not sure where it was disscussed...mebbe it was on FISD.

oy lol. Well i meant the oddness. are we sure where he had 2 right handplates wasnt a flipped shot? We know Lucas was known for doing that.

Oh and I wasnt trying to be derogatory or anything by saying i thought it was discussed before, i realize now it may have sounded that way, and it was unintentional.