Hurricane Irene

Short TRooper

:blink:

Been watching then ews all week so far on Hurricane Irene and was wondering if there was any from here that may be in harms way from her coming up the coast/ Have you made any preperations to stay or evacuate?

I've been on the tail ends of some hurricanes as they come up into the Midwest but being there in the brunt of it I wouldn't want to be there in it...tornadoes are bad enough but a hurricane? no thanks!

Gods blessings and protection be on you all that are on the East coast from Florida to Maine!

Diana (ShortTrooper)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

I live in Virginia beach Virginia almost ground zero

This really stinks on two fronts. My inlaws rent a beach house every year in kitty hawk N.C. On this weekend

I put in for Vacation last year (12 months) to go and have fun now my vacation my be scrapped

Plus I Owen (totally paid for ) mobile home right next to oceana naval air base ( navy fly boys )

So now I may have to start packing up things I really want to keep and leave the rest to Irene and hope she does not clam the rest of my stuff or have it stolen

Wife's upset she was crying tonight scared she may lose our home

Insured but not for enuf to get a new one out right ( nice not to have payments now) just have to pay lot rent $445 a month

This storm could put me and wife in a big bind

But like I told her as long as we have each other we will be ok

Watching every storm update hoping

Will pack all my real guns and tons of ammo in my truck strap on my side arm and make a run for it if need be fri night early sat morning

Wish me luck Will keep you all posted and will post pics

Yes

I live in Virginia beach Virginia almost ground zero

This really stinks on two fronts. My inlaws rent a beach house every year in kitty hawk N.C. On this weekend

I put in for Vacation last year (12 months) to go and have fun now my vacation my be scrapped

Plus I Owen (totally paid for ) mobile home right next to oceana naval air base ( navy fly boys )

So now I may have to start packing up things I really want to keep and leave the rest to Irene and hope she does not clam the rest of my stuff or have it stolen

Wife's upset she was crying tonight scared she may lose our home

Insured but not for enuf to get a new one out right ( nice not to have payments now) just have to pay lot rent $445 a month

This storm could put me and wife in a big bind

But like I told her as long as we have each other we will be ok

Watching every storm update hoping

Will pack all my real guns and tons of ammo in my truck strap on my side arm and make a run for it if need be fri night early sat morning

Wish me luck Will keep you all posted and will post pics

Iron Ram,

Will be praying for you and your wife (And any one else that is on the East coast!) for safety this week, and that your stuff will be safe...give your wife a hug from me and God will hold you in His hands during this time....

Gods peace to you,

Diana (ShortTrooper)

i actually land from the UK in North Carolina at 6.25pm on Friday , i just hope our flights dont get cancelled

I heard that hurricane Irene is supposed to make landfall at 2 am friday morning along the East coast along the North/South Carolina line...rains are to pound the area with wind and rain for 12 to 24 hours as she skirts up the coast line...You may have your flight diverted more inland or delayed...

I hope you can make it safely here!

Diana (ShortTrooper )

i actually land from the UK in North Carolina at 6.25pm on Friday , i just hope our flights dont get cancelled

We put on a big show just for you( hurricane Irene )

Welcome to America

Land of the mostly free

Home of the few very brave

And currently under attack from nature

Hope you enjoy your stay

Please put you seat in the upright position

We will be landing some were other than you

Wanted to go

Good luck.

I truly hope everything goes good for you

And you have fun

I live in Savannah and at one point we were in its sights... Luckily for us (but not for you guys) its track moved North...

Looks like Floyd all over again...

Stay safe all those in its path... Hope she doesn't cause too much damamge to you...

thanks for the messages of reassurence guys :blink: just remember where ever they find the black box we will be somewhere near by :D ....... Actually thats not funny :o

It is and it's not

They are starting to devert flights and or cancel them have you left yet ?

This thing is a beast Hurricane winds out 70 miles from eye with tropical storm winds out 290 miles

It is and it's not

They are starting to devert flights and or cancel them have you left yet ?

This thing is a beast Hurricane winds out 70 miles from eye with tropical storm winds out 290 miles

Our flight is at 7.30 am UK time on Friday, im getting worried now

our flight is actually going into Charlotte

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is a monster of a storm..... :blink:

I pray for all those that are in her path to safely got out of her way and hope she goes out to sea and misses everything!!!!

Be safe on your flight over here supa troop and Iron Ram be safe too where every you go and every one else for safety.

Diana (ShortTrooper)

Hay just a storm report

Finished pack at 5 am

drove wife's car in to the storage unit I rented at 7

Heavy rain

strong winds but not as strong ( thank god ) as forecasted so far but the dangerous part of the storm is not here yet ( around 6pm )

At a hotel with a good view

We have not lost power yet But over 205 k people are with out power in this region of Virginia

Have the A/C cranked freezing in here but if we loss power it will take longer to get hot in here

Will keep you posted

Hope our UK Brother is ok on his flight to N.C