My Blasters

eltee

Hello. New guy here, but a SW fan since the beginning. Been a cop since the late 70's, been a licensed gun dealer working on real and prop guns since the mid-80's. As I prepare to retire from real police work, I may join up with the MEPD :) Here are a couple of my blasters.

This one is made from an MGC "non-gun" Sterling. It was partially built by the U.S. rep for BAPTY in Los Angeles:

Posted Image

This one is made from a real DEWAT Sterling SMG with a real counter, etc.:

Posted Image

Here's the one Lando carried when he was forced to help the Imperial Troopers in Cloud City. It differs in many ways from the "Rebel Blaster" and is made from a DEWAT real Sterling SMG:

Posted Image

This one is displayed with my trooper mannequin. It is metal, but I cannot recall the history on this one. It is lighter than the MGC and real Sterling blasters but I don't remember the source (I have blasters dating back to the 80's):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are blasters shown next to an unaltered Sterling SMG:

Posted Image

I've got the MR E-11 and Rebel Blaster, some resin versions, an upgraded Hasbro or two but I thought these were the most interesting. Please forgive me if I am being a little show-offy. :mellow:

@ Dirty Boy, Yep...I'll bet you do, buddy! B)

The Sterlings are great guns. The UK police forces used them until the 90's in some areas for their special weapons units. In some areas, they used the 10 round shorty mags, rumored to be the inspiration for the E-11 mags. The ten rounders reportedly made the guns easier to secure and carry, were less intimidating to the population and discouraged cops from "spraying and praying."

• 4 months later...