would this pouch config pass for deployed status?

I was thinking of replicating the "Stop that ship" TD (during the docking bay 94 scene), but with his pack on (required for deployed).

So according to the CRL, a TD needs 2 or 3 pouches, but it doesn't specifically say what type (triple, small spanish, etc. as that would be more detailed). But according to the Deployed requirements, it states "MP-40" style pouches.

But then looking at Rolf's "post your gear diagrams"...

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6459&st=0&p=78101&fromsearch=1entry78101

...the "Stop that ship" trooper has a few different setups, which might have been continuity errors or on purpose to allow for his "tuck and roll". :)

That being being said, would configuration 9 in Rolf's diagram (one MP-40 pouch on the left hip and one small Spanish WWII pouch on the right) be a "pass" for a 501st TD and MEPD deployed? Or do you have to have 2 or 3 MP-40 pouches? I'd like to know before buying / making anything.

Thanks in advance!

Right now the way things are written is you have to have the one pouch on your shoulder for deployment.

This is actually something we (the command staff) have been talking about lately as we're about to roll out a lot of fun new stuff. But yes, for now you do have to have a pouch on your shoulder. Doesn't have to be an MP-40 though. Can't be the little one... haha... but it can be whatever.

Hope that helps... B)

Anyone else have input?

Zac... Rolf... Beuller... Beuller...

Understood. It's a bummer though because I don't really want to buy a pouch that I'm not going to use in my setup.

Any indication on when the new "fun stuff" might happen? :) If it's not happening for a long time, I'd have to buy pouches to be deployed (or I guess just not apply to be deployed).

But if the changes happen in the next 2-3 months, I'll probably just hold off purchasing anything and see what the updates are.

Thanks!

This is a great question. I guess the whole "MP 40" style should be revisited as it leads to this kind of confusion. For the side pouches it never seemed to make a difference for deployment - I and others got deployed with the french pouch (great for holding cell phones, etc.). I think for the shoulder pouch though it really should be a 3 or 3+1 magazine style - it's really the most visible of the set.

I guess the question is should deployed allow for any screen seen trooper, or try to capture the canonical essence of a sandtrooper?

Even in the 2005 standards while a pack & BFG were required didn't mean we all troop that way. Also, there are some troopers sans pauldron in the shots, does that mean that it shouldn't be a required element, or was it just they ran out of parts?

I guess there are many ways to correctly portrait a TD in a canon way.

But then, this detachment has evolved in time into portraying what has been called here the Cannonical escence. Being that a white ANH armor with TD mods, two pouches, BFG, pouldron and backpack...

Of course this is for deployed status and so far is just the most basic configuration. Me myself use 3 pouches, 1 on shoulder, 2 on belt. And I have prefered to troop with an E11 rather than my MG15 most of my troops. Some people prefer one or other configurations, and some as Rolf might prefer all the possible configurations out there in the movie. So far thats has been a personal choice. Cause once you have your pics for deployment taken, you can pretty much go as you prefer on troops.

I think we should always go farther and aim for screen accuracy.

So, I hear what Noel says about the new fun stuff and say: Yes!! This is a great time to be a TD and to be a member of the MEPD!!

:D

I guess we dont want to have gaffers tape around our ankles arguing screen accuracy, but we do want to portrait the best most realistic TDs we can!!

Saludos

I guess we dont want to have gaffers tape around our ankles arguing screen accuracy, but we do want to portrait the best most realistic TDs we can!!

Saludos

Says it all.. B)

The way that I read it, it doesn't specify that you must have a pouch on your shoulder. It simply states "worn at the hips or left shoulder." Variation number nine is packless, though. We will always require a pack for Deployment, I don't think that there will be any budging on that one. I think that if you were to submit a good looking TD without a shoulder pouch, it's up to my discretion.

- Ammo pouches. Two or three in total, made of leather, canvas or vinyl. Worn either at the hips or left shoulder, opposite of the pauldron.

- Particular ammo pouches. Reproduction or original MP-40 ammo pouches are generally considered canon, made in either canvas or leather. Other acceptable names/designs include Stolla Wien, and the once common "Norwegian" green MP-40 pouches, made in leather. These should be dyed or painted black.

Copy that.

I guess we need to keep the rule as it is, having a shoulder pouch+ hip pouch + back pack for mepd deployment.

But as post above, as soon as you are deployed, you can troop, show off pictures of you gear like you want.

Even there is a few ANH Sandtrooper´s whit out packs, and pouches etc, i guess we need to keep the rule for mepd deployment.

Because if not, we might loose the spirit for the mepd deployment.

Hope to see you deployed soon bro.

Peace out :)