TD-1535 Armour Rebuild And Re-weather

TD-1535

As most of you will not know I have had a rather tragic xmas/new years with the unexpected passing of my mum :(.

After dealing with that and having a refreshing TAG/VIC new years and Armour party (thanx to all and nice to see Stu n Miko again :) )

I wandered into NSW and spent 8 days with TK-J and his family

Whilst there, with the deft hands of Jason (armour builder-extraordinaire) we pulled my suit apart and made some significant upgrades to it

The smaller AP chest was removed and fitted with press studs as was the FX chest swapped with me months ago for my AP bells and biceps

Posted Image

My thighs were hot glued together at the back and new webbing fitted for easy on/off and more comfortable fitting to hidden belt

My forearms have been fitted with elastic to fill the gap,happens when ya build abit of muscle, and is a short term fix until new FX forearms arrive (APs r now to small for me)

Posted Image

My Cod, Belt and Ab plate were all kept together with trusty gaffa tape (eh it worked) and gave me some flexibility to bend and sit, all tape was removed and Ab & Cod were joined with strip of elastic which actually gives me even more flexibility,,,,and the ability to pee if required

Posted Image

Posted Image

My calves were shimmed so they now actually do join and fit, with the aid of velcro, although the sniper plate side,,as always,,does move around to face 'in' (APs dont fit the left leg very well )

Posted Image

Once everything that needed to be modified was,,,erm,,,modified, a more accurate weathering has been bugging me for some time, as Sandtroopers ARE predominately white n drirty, not dirty with a bit of white, so every part was rubbed back and everything was coated in British Paints "Pure Earth" a water based interior house paint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once it had been left over night, I started to rub it off simply using a green/yellow kitchen sponge/scourer combo,,,we all have one somewhere

The "Pure Earth" not only left the desired weathering i wanted, it also removed scratches and old colour, leaving the bucket and majority of the suit a "bone dried in arid sun" type of finish.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

without jasons help i honestly wouldnt have known where to start and dont worry to much about the boots as theyre just a fill in for the CAboots that I didnt have with me at the time..would also like to upgrade my deployment pics, whom do i send to??here or thru TAG?..the new pack is in another topic

• 2 months later...

Looks sweet.

i do it to everything ..

paint it on,,,EVERYWHERE...and rub most of it off.

gives a better impression of dirt than painting it on in spots, plus it feathers the edges really well

heres another example :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

• 5 years later...