God Have Mercy On Those Who Stayed For Ike....

Short TRooper

I was just watching the FoxNewsChannel and they are showing HUGE waves pounding the beaches and the barrieres along the TX. LA. coast line...the main part of the storm is still 165 miles off the coast.

Major flooding is already occuring and I hope those who could get out got out.

For those who were stupid enough to stay to ride it out as a thrill seeker...I hope you wrote your SS# on your arm in indelible ink as they are predicting that those on Galviston Island that you are facing certain death...the surege is already up to 25 feet and flooding will continue for many hours even after the storm has past....

I pray the Sandtroopers that may live out there got out and are safe!

But they are showing teens and young adults out on thier boats and patios having a hurricain party...the news casters are saying that they are going to be killed...some cannot now leave because they didn't want (quote)"to be stuck in traffic!!!!" :angry: :o What a bunch of morons! because of a bit of bordom for a few moments they may lose thier lives...I feel sorry for thier families if they find thier bodies later...i am watching them live on thier cell phone cam on the tv into foxnews and they are drinking it up and having a big party.... :blink::(

May God have mercy on them all.....

Short Trooper (Diana)

Yeah, this is going to be very bad. A hurricane like this literally destroyed Galveston Island in 1900.

I've also been reading rumors on the net about major increases on gas prices, some places it's supposedly up over $5.00 a gallon!!!

I went to pick up my paycheck this morning and gas was 3.78 with people backed up into the freeway waiting in line, and when I drove home after about an hour of errands, it had jumped to 4.15 everywhere in town. I heard its already over $5.00 in Winston-Salem, which is about 45 minutes away. God help those in the sights of this storm.

:blink:

They said on the FOXNEWS that parts of the country have gas prices as high as 7 dollars a gallon,(Tennesee) and they arent even in the state of Texas!!!

they also gave a warning that any one who is caught price gouging any thing i e food, gas ,water ,,supplies, that they will go to jail...period.

THe damage they are showing this morning is just horrific... I am sitting here watching and it is just unbelievable on what I am seeing...they are saying now that the storm surge has gone about 20 MILES into the state and the w ind damage was more apparent than the water damage.

they are saying most that stayed behind because they didn't want to stay in the cars on the high ways while trying to leave like they did during hurricane Rita a few years ago....from the damage I have seen this morning onthe TV I hope they survived....In 1900 a huge hurricane went through and 8,000 lost thier lives...most of them on Galvaston Island...

God bless the fire fighters and the police who are still down there protecting the city from looters, and o nes who have stayed to get some survivors they can...from what I saw there was a massive fire during the storm last night and the men couldn't go out as the storm was radging...what ever it was that burnt it's gone now...

We are bracing for Ike's remains to come up here over the weekend, we are under a flash flood warning till monday night, as they are expecting us to get 7 inches of rain to come though here...we are already getting 3 inches an hour this morning. :angry:

Short Trooper (Diana)