Mini Biker Scout - Meet TB-.443

TD-443

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This poject I must say is really fun! Heres some more progress on our TB adventure:

I might not be using the boots I originally planned on using. One of my bros on another forum is doing a prototype boot for my daughter with a holster attached and the price should be pretty good! So as of now Im recomending you hold off on boots until I get these prototypes in hand. His wife might be making her soft amor parts as well *crosses fingers* <!-- s:D --><!-- s:D --> So Ill keep everyone updated with those 2 and if everything is cool I'll let everyone know that he's the place to get boots and possibly soft armor.

Your going to need this for the back of the costume. It is split wire loom. I picked it up in the Walmat automotive section for around $2:

Posted Image

Your also going to need mesh for the ears and nose if you want you child to be a little bit more comfortable and accurate. This is the same mesh you would use for a fullsize TB helmet or stormtrooper helmet. I sell it, if you need some send me a PM, the cost is only $3.50 and that covers shipping and paypal fees. If you need some for you own helmet as well Ill thow in that too.

Posted Image

To attach the armor your going to need white and black elastic and some half and half velco. I bought some at Joans Fabric. 2 yards of elastic and 1 of half anf half velcro. Half and half velcro is where one side is adhesive and the other side is usally sewn on.

Posted Image

Heres the paint I used, I picked it up at the Walmart paint section for around $4. It worked really well. Its designed for plastic! 1 can should be more then enough. Im also using p100 (if that means anything to anyone) <!-- s:lol: --><!-- s:lol: --> sandpaper to smooth the edges. I just found some in my Dads garage.

Posted Image

Heres the armor trimmed, sanded, and painted. I only used one coat and I think that will be fine. A dremel and sand paper will make the job quick and PAINLESS. I stabbed myself to the bone with the exacto knife <!-- s:lol: --><!-- s:lol: --> and the scissors are only good for cutting big sections out of the way.

Posted Image

Ok.... This part stressed me out more then anything! The helmet! I was really intimitaded to do it! Then last night I said screw, ITS ON! With a dremel in hand and Peter Pan playing on the TV I went at it. Heres a sneak peak at my progress on it. I still have 1 more side to do, glue, attach pin to allow front to lift, paint, mesh, and visor. YIKES! <!-- s:o --><!-- s:o -->

Posted Image

More to come guys! If your still debating on getting one of these, stop and get one! Its really a lot of fun!

YOU GUYS ARE IN FOR A SPECIAL SUPRISE!!!

I FOUND SOMEONE TO MAKE BOTH CUSTOM BIKER SCOUT BOOTS AND LENSES FOR YOUR LITTLE ONES ARMOR!!!!

FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE.... THE MINI EWOKSTOMPERS!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

YOU CANNOT SAY THESE ARENT AWESOME!!! YES I KNOW IM SHOUTING!!! IM EXCITED!!! These boots are priced really good too! PM me if you want info on getting a pair!

Second from one of our own BROS WE HAVE FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURES THE MINI-TB LENSE!!!

Posted Image

THESE ARE THE SCREEN ACCURATE DARK GREEN LENSE! YOU WILL NEED THIS!! Send me a PM and Ill send you the info on where to get one. Once again the price is a steal!

I think I've made up my mind and it looks like TB-.443 will be going to Comic Con with me and my girlfriend on Friday fully suited up. If you see her give her a high-five and take a picture with her! I'll have my camera. This project is so much fun! My daughter and I are having a blast with this!! Guys if anything score some points with your wife and get your kids this armor and make sure you involve them in the building process!

More to come!

Look what I just picked up from ebay for $17!

Posted Image

Im going to let Lizzy decide which one she wants to use when she wears her costume. For $17 I figured it was a deal! Its in perfect condition. No cracks or anything and it still makes the sounds!

What do you guys think? Should I mod it in anyway?

I think I've made up my mind and it looks like TB-.443 will be going to Comic Con with me and my girlfriend on Friday fully suited up. If you see her give her a high-five and take a picture with her! I'll have my camera. This project is so much fun! My daughter and I are having a blast with this!! Guys if anything score some points with your wife and get your kids this armor and make sure you involve them in the building process!

More to come!

I will be at Comic Con wed-sun, I am wearing my Armor on Sat and at least one more day and my son will be rocking his mini-Clone Trooper Captain Rex on all dates if I let him.

I will be at Comic Con wed-sun, I am wearing my Armor on Sat and at least one more day and my son will be rocking his mini-Clone Trooper Captain Rex on all dates if I let him.

COOL, well be looking for you!

Did some more work on Liz's armor last night, she's getting pretty psyched about weaing it!

First of all after your done trimming your kit, save all the larger pieces because they will usually come in handy later.

Posted Image

Now what I did to attach the velcro and elastic:

I cut a small piece of leftover trim and hot glued it to the amor. I let it cool down for a second before I applied it directly to each sides of the connecting peices of the armor.

My thinking on this was later on I want to be able to resize this and id rather cut elastic off a little extra piece of plastic then on the actual armor.

Then I hot glued a peice of elastic to one tab and used the adhesive side of the half and half velco on the other.

I also hot glued the soft piece of velcro the elastic so this way I could easily take them off and off of her. Believe it or not the hot glued worked very well on the velcro and spandex.

Posted Image

For the chest piece I applied the same methods but I also attached the shoulder bells to the white chest piece straps with hot glue. This way I wouldnt have to worry about it slipping down and bugging her. Im doing my best to allow for ease of movement and her not being chaffed or annoyed with any of the parts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still have to work on the leg pieces and the helmet a little more. Hope this helping you troopers!

More to come!

MAKING PROGRESS!

I bought this pinstriping @ AutoZone for $3 for the backpack details, its the thinnest I could find:

Posted Image

This is what I did with it:

Posted Image

I also painted her thermal detonator tubing with acrylic "pure silver" which I had at home:

Posted Image

Yesterday I bought a tote for her armor as well, I think I'll put her TD numbers on it too:

Posted Image

I cant wait to show everyone the soft armor parts!! They are seriously going to knock your socks off! Im going to keep going with progress pics but fully suited pics are going to show up the night of the 25th (after CCSD). I just think it would be neat if that was her first exposure to the world. I really appreciate all the ideas and especially the EXTREMELY TALENTED men and women who have devoted there time and skills to this project! You guys and girls have a special place in our heart. Thank you!!!

More to come!

Hey guys! These glue sticks are perfect for the end of the thermal detonator. Just shave down the caps to the correct size. Ill have pics up tonight of them finished either tonight or tomorrow. They were a wopping 29 cents at Target.

Posted Image

More to come!

Crunch time!

Heres our latest progress:

I bought 4 of these at walmart. There a little over $1 each in the camping section. There cheaper then buying the buckles in the craft section, plus there smaller then the ones in the craft section, and I plan on using the nylon on my TD suit.

Posted Image

Then I shaved off one of the extra sides with a dremel to make them a little shorter. Here is one cut one and one original.

Posted Image

With the white elastic and buckles attached. I used hot glue to attach the elastic to the armor as well as the buckles. Exacto knife for cutting little slit in the armor for the elastic.

Posted Image

I fixed the backpack to make it more screen accurate:

Posted Image

Heres the completed thermal detonator with the glue stick caps. I used hot glue to attach everything

Posted Image

Completed Knee armor:

Posted Image

I bought this at Target. Im filling the void inbetween the two helmet halfs with it:

Posted Image

What I did with the inside is I basically cut little pieces of plastic and put hot glue on them and they are what is holding the helmet together along with filler. Its pink right now but will turn white when it dries. It is also sandable.

Posted Image

Heres the back with the filler:

Posted Image

And the front with the filler:

Posted Image

I plan on sanding it down and hopefully make it seamless. Were so excited about comic con!!!!

ONLY 10 MORE DAYS FOR US!!! WOOHOOOOO!

More to come!

UPDATES!!!

OK HERE WE GO!

Ive been all over this. Just ask my girlfriend! :) Were just about done!

We both were pretty excited when her soft armor and boots came in! Contact me on getting professionally made boots and soft armor for your child! Remember... Give them your best!

Posted Image

Here are the custom made screen accurate pouches that connect underneath the chest armor:

Posted Image

Custom made screen accurate "Ewok Stompers":

Posted Image

Custom made screen accurare cummberbun & vest:

Posted Image

Here is the back with mudflap that is very screen accurate and a BSN Lancer required item:

p><p> Here are the bondo

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c140/eddie_on_fire/P7160026.jpg' alt='P7160026.jpg'>

Im not very good at painting straight lines so what I did was used pinstriping on the mouth part then painted inside around the pinstriping:

P7170036.jpg

Alright I know im skipping alot of steps here in a sec. Basically I attached the visor (which if you send me a message Ill tell you where to get it) with alot of hot glue. This was pretty easy. Dont be afraid to use alot! and press down pretty good to make sure its flush with the front part of the helmet.

I then hollowed out the greeble and put my black mesh that I sell in the inside of the greeble. Next I painted the snout piece in the center a combination of blue and alot of silver. Then I pinstriped the bottom of the greeble and painted the rest black.

I also hallowed out the ears and put 2 sections of black mesh inside the helmet on each side for the ear holes.

With the waterslide decals that the kit comes with you need to be very carefull. There very fragile.

Directions:

Get a bowl fill it with water and one drop of dish washing liquid. Cut the decal very close to the design and but in water for 10-20 seconds. Then take it out and let it dry on a paper towel for like 15 seconds. The decal then should slide off the paper. Slide the decal where you want it CAREFULLY! Wet your finger a bit and use that finger to move around the decal if you need to. Then get a clean small paintbrush and dip it in the water and more or less smooth out the bubbles in the decal. Use a towel to wipe any excess that may drip down.

Now heres the helmet, minus elevator bolts which im working on as well as the interior padding:

P7170038x.jpg

P7170039x.jpg

P7170040x.jpg

P7170041x.jpg

Belt is on the way as well!

What do you guys think?

More to come!!!

Almost Done

At work we had a bunch of helmet padding that was going to be thrown away. This is what I used to pad her helmet inside.

Posted Image

This is the completed helmet with bolts in it. To make the bolts I just shaved a flathead bolt flat and cut the length off it.

Posted Image

Her gloves finally came in. To make them more screen accurate I cut 4 peices for each glove from a shoelace and hot glued them on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

All I need to do now is finish the belt and do a final fitting! Comic Con is this Friday for us!!! WOOT WOOT!

Finishing touches!

A friend over at MEPD who makes awesome canvas belts and shoulder straps made a custom biker scout belt for her! He's available to make more so if anyone needs one send me a pm.

Posted Image

I wanted to make really detailed T-bits but when your looking at a very screen accurate one and then looking at the size I had to work with, it became very difficult to try to find something to work. And to be honest I was tired of cutting plastic. :) I knew I just didnt want to paint the void where the t-bits go so I cut some out and painted them black. This way there wouldnt be a void.

Posted Image

Heres what they look like installed,painted, and hot glued in.

Posted Image

Backpack detailed part.... Ok this was a little tricky. I basically started with a larger piece and kept cutting down to make it look right. Let me tell you.... The gallery is VERY USEFULL! Throughout the whole build but especially here. I cut plastic for all the white parts. The rest of the parts are 2 phone connectors, the top off a push pin, and a watch battery. I have it painted and im gonna attach it in the morning.

Posted Image

We cant wait for Friday!

DONE! i think.....

Here is the finished belt. I attacked the armor pieces by drilling holes in the armor and belt and running a zip tie through them.

Posted Image

And here is the backpack detail installed.

Posted Image

The only thing I can think of that I need to do is attach a holster. I need someone to make a small one for this kit. I simply dont have the skills for that. Any vacu-guys want to be the supplier for this. Im sure if you made a mini blaster as well you'd have people lining up! :)

I think thats it though besides the holster. If anyone can see where I might have missed anything PLEASE let me know.

Hope to see many of you at COMIC CON! If you see us say hi! Myself, step-son, and Girlfriend will be wearing black TK443.COM shirts. :) My daughter cant wait to take pictures with everyone..... and get prizes. LOL did you really think there wasnt atleast a little bribing in this! LOL

We will have a BUNCH of pics up Saturday so be on the lookout! Thanks again to everyone who helped in anyway with this!

Much love and respect.

Thats awesome!! Are you going to be in armor on Friday too?

Are you only going on Friday?

I will be at the San Diego Star Wars Society table from noon - 2pm.

I will be in armor until then. Hope to run into you and you family.

My 5 year old son will be rocking his Captain Rex Clone armor on Thur and Sun.

Thats awesome!! Are you going to be in armor on Friday too?

Are you only going on Friday?

I will be at the San Diego Star Wars Society table from noon - 2pm.

I will be in armor until then. Hope to run into you and you family.

My 5 year old son will be rocking his Captain Rex Clone armor on Thur and Sun.

Ya just Friday for us. No, My new armor isnt complete yet. Will make sure to say hi!

Lizzie must be the proudest girl in the world.

She owns one sweet made piece of TB armor there...mad by her dad ;)

I love all the detailed work you did Eddie, can't wait to see a picture of you both.. B)

It was an honor to meet TB .443!

It was funny because when her and I were up on that stage I think I counted at least 100 pictures from the crowd below.

Everyone loves a cute kid in armor and the sandies I tell yea....

Posted Image

Posted Image

WE DID IT!

COMIC CON WAS AWESOME!!!

THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO POSED FOR PICS AND MADE OUR DAY SO ENJOYABLE!

TOM HODGES IS THE MAN! I REALLY APPRECIATED HIM TAKING THE TIME OUT OF HIS SERIOUSLY NONSTOP BUSY SCHEDULE TO DO A SKETCH OF MY LIL TROOPER WHILE SHE TOOK A NAP. :) HE IS A STRAIGHT UP AMAZING ARTIST!

Posted Image

By the way I also made a holster out of a sheet of white foam. You can see it in the pics. Basically I cut it into an L shape and used industrial strength Velcro to attach it to the boot.

I really want to thank everyone for the kind words through this build and especially those of you who helped actually create this suit with us. You helped build more then a costume.... you built fond memories. Thank you. :)

NOW FOR PICS! By the way if anyone has pics of TB-.443 please post them here. Or if you happen to see video or pics on any sites please post that site as well. I would love just to save those pics and screenshots! She was interviewed MANY times and was taped for Reno911 and a few other shows, and was stopped for photographs atleast litterally over 100 hundred times. She also recieved a standing ovvation after she walked off the Lucas Film Stage. Yaaaaaa.... we had fun. Steven Sansweet made so many awesome comments about her and the armor. He made his personal photographer take alot of photos as well. He is a really cool guy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soooooooooo if anyone spots anything I would appreciate it! Im posting just 501st pics on threads if you want to see all the pics. Check out: tk443.com also if you would like me to send you fullzise pics of any of them send me a PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

NOW ITS MY TURN TO PUT MINE ALL TOGETHER!