*DONE* TK/TD-2251

I will be posting pics within the next week to request deployment, but.... I need a reference for this: - No ribbed shoulder straps. (Sandtrooper chest and back are attached from within via soft straps, and do not have the plastic ribbed straps like stormtroopers), is leather ok or should I use canvas too? and the preference for the attachment of the 3" canvas belt. After these two mods I beleive I will be ready. THX guys

I think most use canvas. For the belt it should just wrap around and be completely separate from the ab/back, though I know some attach it to the ab plate to keep it in place. Poppers seem to be the most common.

I like the canvas as it has some give to it. It's also thinner and doesn't crack like leather can. Actually I use a stretchy kind of fabric - not very stretchy mind you but again it's nice that it gives a bit when I take my kit on/off.

I used leather for my shoulder straps because I wanted them to be stiffer underneath my pack straps but I believe the general consensus is that they were probably canvas. It depends on what you'd like. You really can't see them with a pack and a pauldron on.

These should be round. Approx 7/16" buttons, painted white. Some guys (like myself) have an ab plate sans buttons, nut most screen grabs show three buttons on the left side of the ab plate, same white as the rest of the armor.

Hope this helps.

PICS taken as of 5-5-08.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please let me know if you need more pics as I have changed the shoulder strap,belt, and ab buttons and it will take me a day or so to upload and post them. Please don't forget I am in Italy with a really slow internet connection. What do you think? Thanks guys

Great effort! I think just a bit more blending will make it outstanding. Still - looks better than mine (says I, as I make plans to re-do my weathering this week!).

If you really need a pic of the buttons I can do that too.

The canvas belt

Posted Image

Posted Image

The DLT-19 details

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The canvas shoulder straps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please if there is anything else please let me know. THX

Yes the armor is FX. The bucket is... well... lets just say it's not an FX for now. Think of a MR LE stunt with a few improvements of my own It's not the bucket I was going to use for my TD, but since FX was out, I thought of making my own. Less $$$ and I didn't need another helmet such as the CE. I know it's accepted, but I'm not thrilled with it. Any way...I thought it looks good.

of the buttons and the canvas belt on the mid section. (ab peice)

Posted Image

Posted Image

and finally a pic of my friend Luca, the Italica Garrison Commander (orange pauldrin) and my son in the middle (wearing my TK armor) at Yavincon 2008. We even made the national news cast evening report!!!

Posted Image

So what do you all think? Am I worthy to be deployed?

• 3 weeks later...