2008 Deployed Officer and 501st Legion Standards

TD-1536

Ok the problem I have with this is that my head is huge. So far a fx lid is all that will fit me. Im already deployed but what can people do that are in the same boat as I am. I would like a better helmet but not sure what will fit. Any help would be great.

Ok the problem I have with this is that my head is huge. So far a fx lid is all that will fit me. Im already deployed but what can people do that are in the same boat as I am. I would like a better helmet but not sure what will fit. Any help would be great.

I hear that a lot! If you're lucky you might get some people to let you try one on. Funny enough, helmets can very from pull to pull and how the neck is trimmed. I've seen one guy who said "I can't wear TE2" and was able to put on a different TE2. With glasses. (He now has an RT).

Anyways, perhaps the roomiest that I've put on my noggin is the ANHv2 offered by OSCS aka KWDesigns. I haven't put on one yet, but I understand the MR CE buckets are larger than most "ANH" ones as well. Between RT/TE2/AP I've found the RT to feel the biggest, but the neck was also trimmed out a lot.

Heck, my garrison mate who is huge (6'2" I think) got on my TE2 no problem just last weekend, so like I said maybe part of it's how it's pulled/assembled.

Ok cool then. I would like to get a more screen acurrate lid so Ill start looking around. Thanks for the info. Also where can I buy the right color stripes that go on the lid? The ones that run back from the front to the earpiece?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man! , I've been gone for awhile working on other projects and I'm glad I got in when I did. I do like the fact that we do have "standerds" so we do look are best for deployment status. I am looking in to get a better bucket than the F/X but allot of my money has been into my Nihilus and a full Predator suit. I have allot of reading to do whew!!

• 1 month later...

Does this mean:

a. those of us with FX buckets who were previously recognised as 'deployed' lose that status...

b ...until a new helmet is acquired & pics to verify submitted?

Does this mean:

a. those of us with FX buckets who were previously recognised as 'deployed' lose that status...

I think given today's economic status, no. Also, there are over 100 deployed troops and I don't think anyone wants to come down on all them and say "upgrade or else...". Furthermore, the standards as they are today, have not been ratified for inclusion in the Legion's official CRL (Costume Reference Library). Matter of fact, they never were!

Phheeew!

For a moment, I thought I was going to have form my own detachment:

501st "Bobblehead Troopers" - just need 3 distinct references? and best of alll the merchandising already done...

• 4 months later...