Forgot your password?
Or sign in with one of these services
Sandtrooper Seigi, April 23, 2017 in MEPD Police Officer Program
I will continue the review here. So, welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming an MEPD deployed officer!
I will start from the beginning, that it remains a little clearer.
But first, let me say, since your first application in 2017, some changes have been made in the CRLs. Since last year there has been a change in coloring and pouches.
There are also changes since this year. However, your application will be treated according to the old rules because it was previously submitted.
But, let us begin.
Name: Grant Dyson
Legion ID: 27090
Forum Name: Sandtrooper Seigi
Garrison: UAE Outpost
a. Green lenses: check
b. Paint color of traps / tears: check
c. Correct number of teeth: check
d. Mic tips: check
e. Vocoder color: check
f. Tube stripes: check
g. Rank bar on ears: check
h. Brow: check
i. Side screws (ears): check
j. Weathering: check
RESULT ON HELMET
Checked & Cleared
a. Elastic straps shoulders: check
b. Neck seal: check
c. Black undersuit: check
d. Shoulder bells: check
e. Biceps: check
f. Forearms: check
g. Pauldron: check
h. Chest / back plate: check
i. Kidney / butt plate: check
j. Ab plate / side rivets / cod: check
k. Strapping system: check
l. Thighs: check
m. shins / calves: check
n. sniper plate: check
o. boots: check
p. gloves: check
q. hand plates / guards: check
r. ammo belt (waist): check
s. ammo belt (right knee): check
t. canvas belt: check
u. pouches: see comments
v. weathering: check
Please change your Canvas Pouch against a LEATHER Pouch (MP-40 Style, Large, middle or small spanish Pouch). A little change, but closer to the film.
RESULT ON ARMOR
a. details: see comments
b. weathering: check
Last year it was decided that the color of the seed trays and bottles on the backpack should be blue-gray. Like RAL 7031. Please change that.
RESULT ON BACKPACK
a. details: check
RESULT ON WEAPONS
CHECKED & CLEARED
Grant, there are only two things left to change, then everything is done. Please change the pouch and paint the parts on the backpack bluegrey and all is done. I like your TD, it looks really great! So: head up, change quickly and welcome to the PO's .I know that it is annoying, but I have to take into account the changes of the last year.
Note: please, post your new action pictures without holster. No holster on a TD!
bigwam - MEPD Deployment Officer
Thanks @bigwamfor the prompt follow-up and inspection.
I have four quick points for clarification please:
1. Replacement pouch - I plan on buying the (below) black leather MP-40 three magazine ammo pouch to replace the belt-mounted ammo pouch - before I commit to buying this, please confirm if this colour/style is acceptable? I take it then that the brown shoulder-mounted canvas pouch is acceptable and can remain in place? Please confirm if this is the case;
2. Painting parts of the survival pack: understood - the two seed trays and the two bottles are to be re-painted blue/grey. Please confirm if the blue funnel which sits directly below the radio (see my pack pic) also needs the blue portion to be blue/grey as well?
3. Action pic - yes, noted. I will upload a different (and far more interesting) action photo shortly - this I expect should not delay approval of the kit in the meantime - please confirm;
4. Re-submit pics: can I simply re-post the photos of just the replacement parts for approval/inspection? In this case, the pouch will be slipped on the belt and photographed flat on the floor and I will provide a fresh picture of the complete backpack once re-painted.
By way of heads-up, as much as I would like these items changed, sourcing the items from abroad will take some time as I live in the Middle East, but I will respond as soon as the work is done.
Looking forward to your replies so I can ordering.
1. These is an example for the pouches, you can use for the hip:
If your shoulderpouch is brown, please dye it black and show it.
2: Please paint the seed trays, the two bottles and the giostyle bottle (under the radio) greyblue.
3: please post your Action-Foto timley. It should not delay approval, if you don´t post it - but do it timely. And: without Holster
4: Yes, you are right. But better is a pic with armor and all changes.
Thanks again Thomas.
1. Apologies, I mistyped the colour reference to the shoulder pouch - it is in fact black canvas as shown in the posted photos. I have managed to source a small black leather ammo pouch (see link below) which appears equivalent to the small Spanish pouch - before I commit to buy it, can you confirm if this would be acceptable please?
2. I am on it, will revert asap.
The pouch in the linl is an italian pouch
Thanks Thomas - is that to say that this type of pouch is not acceptable? With the exception of the brass stud it is virtually the same. Please advise.
While I do not mind making modest changes to meet the updated CRL since the date of my initial application, sourcing an item such as the "Small Spanish Mauser Pouch" on Trooperbay is likely to around 80 Euros (incl overseas shipping) so a sensible and cost-efficient option is sought.
Grant, the dimensions are also different .
@bigwam - apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
Please see below photos of the two required kit modifications (change of pouch from MP-40 to small Spanish pouch and repaint of the bottles and seed tray on the field pack)
Please advise when all in order - many thanks!
Grant Dyson / TD-27090
thanks for doing the changes. Let´s start the next review!
u. pouches: check
RESULT ON ARMOR
Grant, this was your final review .
Your gear looks great and you are a worthy addition to the ranks of the MEPD´s finest, be proud of yourself!
You have successfully followed the guidelines in regards to the MEPD CRL and have met all requirements.
Please send the pic you want to use to Luis (Sandman Tigui) and we'll get you squared away.
We will have your updated information uploaded into the MEPD system very soon.
Congratulations on becoming a Deployed Officer of the MEPD!
bigwam - MEPD Deployment Officer
You can post now and register later.
If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead
Only 75 emoji are allowed.
Your link has been automatically embedded. Display as a link instead
Your previous content has been restored. Clear editor
You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.