Radio Faceplate poll

RedBeard

I'm sure many of you have seen the 3D printed Sonix faceplate that I'm working on. After watching a YouTube video by UKS Wrath, I want to add a speaker system to my pack. Since its easy to make adjustments with a 3D model, I'm thinking a second faceplate would be good to offer...what do you guys think? If there's not enough interest, I won't bother.

Here's the link to the video:

https://youtu.be/1CEfQ-Zthhc

I'm not personally interested. How much more work is it to have both options available?

Not a lot. Just have to hollow out the power and tone switches, two dials next to them, the large dial, and notch under each narrow section on the speaker face.

Hey bro...

It sometimes just gets a bit slow over here. Don't be disappointed.

So, a couple questions...

How big a difference would it be with the regular faceplate?

Would there be any creative allowances to make it more functional?

I would think that the original real faceplate would have to be sound friendly, considering it is a speaker... so I would love to see/understand why the original sculpts would not be already ready for sound going though, or how this new idea of yours would improve any sound capability.

Something else to consider, many of us here are still looking for the real radio. So, making it more accurate and real looking/working might be a better addition than making it just better working.

Anyway, good luck with your project bro. Even if it is just one instead of two faceplates.

Saludos.

The big thing I'd be interested in/concerned about is the speaker (and the holes it should have). The dials, switches, etc are just dressing, and since I can't actually GET to the radio while I'm wearing it, wouldn't be of great importance to me to have them functional.

Hey bro...

It sometimes just gets a bit slow over here. Don't be disappointed.

So, a couple questions...

How big a difference would it be with the regular faceplate?

Would there be any creative allowances to make it more functional?

I would think that the original real faceplate would have to be sound friendly, considering it is a speaker... so I would love to see/understand why the original sculpts would not be already ready for sound going though, or how this new idea of yours would improve any sound capability.

Something else to consider, many of us here are still looking for the real radio. So, making it more accurate and real looking/working might be a better addition than making it just better working.

Anyway, good luck with your project bro. Even if it is just one instead of two faceplates.

Saludos.

I completely agree with you. Since I'm completely new here and to all of this, I made certain assumptions. Many of the faceplates that I've seen made by other members, are missing the required openings needed for sound to properly make it through, like the original. The design I'm working toward is to match the original, functionality and all. So now that I've had feedback, I think it would be best to just make one, and make it just like the original... Problem solved :) Thanks!

The big thing I'd be interested in/concerned about is the speaker (and the holes it should have). The dials, switches, etc are just dressing, and since I can't actually GET to the radio while I'm wearing it, wouldn't be of great importance to me to have them functional.

I thought about that, but I wasn't sure if you guys wanted it available. Thanks for the feedback :)

I completely agree with you. Since I'm completely new here and to all of this, I made certain assumptions. Many of the faceplates that I've seen made by other members, are missing the required openings needed for sound to properly make it through, like the original. The design I'm working toward is to match the original, functionality and all. So now that I've had feedback, I think it would be best to just make one, and make it just like the original... Problem solved :) Thanks!

You are already making big collaborations here, with your modeling and with ideas, suggestions and discussions. And that the main thing here... to be part of the community by participating in any way you want/can.

Good luck with your radio faceplate project.

I am always hunting for the next more accurate part!

Saludos