Bluey's 2015 ATA Stop That Ship Build

FIVE

Armor building tip: use one of the ears from the helmet to mark the curved line to cut on the ammo belt that attaches to the bottom of the right thigh.

i-Pk7G38j.jpg

Bluey,

Looking great so far. Are you thinking of creating the square notches on the kidney plate. It won't be seen under the belt, but you have the necessary tool (sealing iron) and you've done such a great job of all the other mods already.

Bluey,

Looking great so far. Are you thinking of creating the square notches on the kidney plate. It won't be seen under the belt, but you have the necessary tool (sealing iron) and you've done such a great job of all the other mods already.

===================================

I'm actually NOT going to do the notch on the kidney because, as you said, it's not seen and thus it doesn't "add" to the look of the completed armor. Plus it causes issues lining up with the butt-plate on the ATA.

A few pictures from tonight. I am VERY close...

Your Imperial workshop doesn't need to be fancy to get the job done.

i-bhQKXgr.jpg

Keeping reference pics up while I'm weathering. Of course I've studied this trooper (the Docking Bay 94 "stop that ship" sandtrooper) for years so things like the circle on the pauldron I hardly had to reference... but I still did.

i-LDr7DMv.jpg

One more for the night... mine on the left (just sort of set up on a stand) and the Docking Bay 94 sandtrooper from Star Wars ANH on the right. I'll take more pics with gun and all soon.

i-3wHhwQP.jpg

I likeeeee Alllloootttttt! Nice job broskeeee

Thanks, brother!!!

I'm so happy with how it looks. It's even better (as always) in person.

There's a "yellowish sandy dusty hue" that I can't seem to get in pictures... which makes me think it's just like the one from the film because pictures like this one his bucket looks almost white and shiny... which mine does... but you know it was sandy... which mine is. B)

SWAT here I come!!