Desert Punk's Sandy WIP

Bacta Baby

Hello all, so I just bought Dirty Boys TD :o

First thing is first I am a skinny 5'4 guy.. when I received it obviously its not going to fit me what so ever.

Seeing builds of people my height I think I can make it fit by trimming.. Im really scared I might mess it up and I don't want to so I am having doubts. Can someone please help me how to trim or what to trim. I'm fairly good with the prop making but I just need the help.

It's been my dream to be a Sandy since I was a child. Also I am 131 pounds working my way to 145.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro...first of all congrats on an awesome rig. :thumbsup: Second, decide which sandy you want to portray or emulate. Read, read, and when your done, read more. A good site to get some good advise also http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Please read and ask questions before cutting that awesome rig. Im a small trooper also and hated to cut it. But with the help of a fellow trooper im happy to say, it came out awesome. There are other troopers in your area, just contact them and im sure they might have armor parties to help new recruits out. Go slow man and most of all, have fun bro.

See you in the dunes of Mos Eisley soon... :yes:

hey pac,

might be an idea to suit up with everything on.

that way we might be able to see whats looking wrong and needs trimming!

to honest your arms dont look to bad at all,nor do the length of your legs,

again its hard to see unless everything else is on!

if you do need to cut any of the legs make sure you start right at the bottom of

the shins,that way you wont lose any return edge,

good luck bro and keep the photos coming,we'll get you looking great,no worries there!! :thumbsup:

"clk-shht" copy that! I am not cutting yet for the past 2 weeks ive been reading and reading and checking out the forums. Doing my research and all the good stuff. Will post photos with the armor on.

awesome!!! you got it!!! off the bat, the arms and legs dont look too far off at all. The torso and back will ned to be trimmed at the sides....ballpark inch each part, each side giving you an overall 4" reduction. super easy fix....once thats done you will start to see where else might need trimming

Your sandy has made me very happy! Thanks DB wont start trimming until everything I need to know. Researching like crazy also contacted Garrison Tyrannus about helping me out.

Glad you like it brother :)

Ok you guys ready!? So I put the whole armor on.. My tiny frame it looks riddick so after trims it shall look alright?

Help with some serious triming:) I think the back part is the most triming and the rest here and there.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

agree with rick,easy fix mate,just do as he said earlier.

with it being his armour he'll know best,knowing his own size frame!

when you buy armour from someone else the chances of it fitting without any

mods are very very rare,if it exsists lol!!

make sure just as you said to keep researching,break it down one piece at a time,

and dont rush it!

again,good luck bro! :thumbsup:

hey pac,

just having a better look at your pics,

it looks to me that your forearms and biceps could do with coming in at the back

a little!

how do they feel when wearing them,do they fit nice and snug or are you finding

that there is a lot of room for them to waver around?

i find a good rule of thumb for the biceps is to tense your muscles,basically you

wont need them any looser than that!

with the forearms i have them tight but can still put two fingers down inbetween

my arm and the forearm,

does that make sense?lol :yes:

i thought id post that info up as it might be a good place to start,

good luck,and if you need any close up pics,let me know and i'l take some! :thumbsup:

Half the job's already done by buying Rick's armor..and don't sweat about gaining those extra pounds. Some of the troopers that were seen on the big screen were lean as well..

It does look like it only needs a few slight mods..to make it fit even better.

Great stuff and good luck buddy!! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...