Forming a UKG Patrol? Ideas and thoughts?

nick.black

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im surprised more uk troopers arent posting on here as i think this is something really special!

i love being part of the M.E.P.D. but this will just give our extra bit of identity,which i think there are enough of us

uk sandys to do so.

anyway nick i really like the name but i would really like as you say to bring the name ROYALS as a nickname,just seems

to roll of the tongue butter than the brittanias lol!

i also love the logo,the only idea i have was to maybe offset the flag on the pualdron just a little bit,what do you reckon?

soooo,have you had any thoughts of how we go ahead once eveyone that is interested is happy with the name and

logo.probably jumping the gun a bit,but just interested!

LONG LIVE THE ROYALS!!! :td: (AND THE M.E.P.D.) :thumbsup:

Maybe it would be a good idea to mention this on the UKG forums to make other UK troopers aware this is happening and get them to take alook (If not already done)

Back to the name and patch, I really like both and im sure it wouldnt take long before everyone called us the Royals.

Even though im not a cleared TD and with quite a bit of work to do before I can put in for clearence, I for one would be very proud to be part of this and have the patch on my jacket :yes:

Daz,

I mentioned it on the UKG forums a while ago and there seemed to be very little interest, it was decided that discussion would be held over here instead, but I reckon I will post a link to this topic on the UKG forums so that we can attract some more interest.

I reckon we could have a pretty big patrol actually.

Nick

Nick, hopefully be worth another try to gain somemore numbers, I will send an email to another sandy who lives near me to take alook I know he is a member here and on the UKG but I dont think he gets on the forums that much.

Neil well done on your clearence mate, now I need to push myself ahead with mine.

OK so I thought I'd have a little play at some t-shirts.

Here are what I would suggest possibly for them. Designs shown with an MEPD patch sewn on the right sleeve. Front on left, back on right!

Option 1

post-2653-0-47407500-1356534876_thumb.jp

Option 2

post-2653-0-97294200-1356534895_thumb.jp

What do you guys think?

Nick

Nice, Nick. I'd prefer option 2 myself. Any chance you could try it on some plain T-shirts? I can't help but feel a lot of the attention is drawn away from the logos because of the DPM.

P.s. I'm glad you like the Britannia idea ;)

i really like them both,but im not sure about the camo either!

nice work though nick! :thumbsup:

Really? Well its all about agreeing on a design so that's fine Brad and Marcus. I thought everyone would like the camo, but I'll rustle up some more worry ye not!

Nick

OK I had a little play and came up with these.

I have a t-shirt with this on the front and it's great, and I thought this would be a perfect motto for the UKG Sandtrooper patrol.

Let me know what you think

This one is shown with possible sewn on patches on the arms just to see how it would look.

Posted Image

Or in plain brown I thought might work.

Posted Image

Nick

hey nick,

your doing such a great job putting these ideas together to the point where i hate suggesting things!!!lol

but i think youve got it perfect with the 1st colour but with the original logos!

i do like the"move along" logo but prefer your first design,what you reckon?? :thumbsup:

Echoing what Marcus said - you're doing such a great job at these. As for my own design preferences from what you've done so far, I liked Option 2 of your first set (camo) and I also love the "Keep Calm.." motto on your latest. I would prefer the font to be smaller but it's fine as is for me. I would wear all of what you've made so far so this really is just minor preference details.

Fantastic stuff mate

Really? Well its all about agreeing on a design so that's fine Brad and Marcus. I thought everyone would like the camo, but I'll rustle up some more worry ye not!

Nick

I much prefer the plain khaki design. I personally just dont think the camo is SWAT as its more military than Police - not only that but I feel it takes the attention away from the logos etc.

I also love the Moto, mate. Top job ;)

ok,for me i like britannia patrol,royals as a nickname!

i like the khaki colour with a small logo on the left top though,instead of the "keep calm,move along!" full front!

just my thought,but as ive said before i like them all so wouldnt mind what we got,there all good! :thumbsup: