MP 38/40 pouch dye and weathering

Well i have started this tread too show what i have done too my pouches. feel free too comment......

The goal was to get a set off black/dark green pouches that hade that distinktive look as they have been in several battels (wheatered)

1. Startingpoint is a set of brande new army green canvas pouches, triel and error made me chose a black shoe polish in liquid form that i applyed whit a smal stiff brush so i can get in too all the nugs and crannies.

Posted Image

2. First layer is just too get some color on. left it too dry fore 5-10 min.

Posted Image

3. Next was too get all exces dye of by dapping the pouche whit a dry cloth.

Posted Image

4. Then i made the mag filling out of (3,5 x 200 mm.) foam pices too get the shape that i was looking fore

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

5. Finishing of whit a 2 layer of dye, and while the dye still was wet i rubbed the pouch whit real dirt (earth). roundet the leaher straps and BINGO....

Posted Image

The pouches look really good. Nice old and dirty look!

Just a small adjustment:

You might want to place the small tool pouch a bit more countered. I'm on my phone but will give you better direction when I get on my computer. Or look up for other threads explaining this mod.

Good job so far!

Saludos.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...