The dirty job...

Rolf

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true....

Rolf...you have to come to each one of us and to weather our all armours :P;):lol:

I´m not all ways happy for my daily work life, so it would be nice it down a little in hours.

Its tempting to make a forum topics as assembler, weathering maker etc... but still not a very steady income.

But thanks for the kind words bro :thumbsup:

Rolf,

Fantastic job. Were you able to weather your entire armor and helmet with one bottle of Raw Umber? Just wondering how much I should get for when it is time to weather my armor.

Rolf,

Fantastic job. Were you able to weather your entire armor and helmet with one bottle of Raw Umber? Just wondering how much I should get for when it is time to weather my armor.

Thanks trooper :)

Yep, i guess i only used a little over 50% of the bootle on the complete suit :thumbsup:

Supercalefragelisticexialedocious!!! In other words, I always love to see a breakdown of your weathering bro'... :yes:

Thanks bro, we sandy´s just like to get dirty :woot:

I love how spot on it is and How much effort you put in to making it look exactly like the one from ANH, but In my honest opinion it seems to lose its value for me. It is no longer unique or different. I mean I know troopers are clones, :P but where is the creativity in making it your OWN version. I'm sure Rolf, you are only trying to be really accurate with this, and maybe make another SWAT level of a sandy, but where is the YOU in it. :woot: I made mine dirtier than any other sandy out there, and guess what. I was told no by my entire Garrison. I was told to clean it to get it approved. I however really liked it. I told my fellas that I'm the different Sandy, the one who works in the septic tank business on Tatooine. I mean without sewers, where does the s**t go. lol. Anyways I had to clean mine and now it looks alright, but I lost the ME in it. So yeah lol im rambling but hopefully you can relate. So yeah. I'll post pics of my suit in a while and show ya'll.

Weathering is personal, I understand that part very well. But what we try to do here is to go for the real deal..and that also means to have your weathering spot on or in the same range as seen in ANH.

It is also up to oneself if you want to go for screenaccurate or not. Just keep giving your armor that special touch...it's your armor :yes::thumbsup:

I love how spot on it is and How much effort you put in to making it look exactly like the one from ANH, but In my honest opinion it seems to lose its value for me. It is no longer unique or different. I mean I know troopers are clones, :P but where is the creativity in making it your OWN version. I'm sure Rolf, you are only trying to be really accurate with this, and maybe make another SWAT level of a sandy, but where is the YOU in it. :woot: I made mine dirtier than any other sandy out there, and guess what. I was told no by my entire Garrison. I was told to clean it to get it approved. I however really liked it. I told my fellas that I'm the different Sandy, the one who works in the septic tank business on Tatooine. I mean without sewers, where does the s**t go. lol. Anyways I had to clean mine and now it looks alright, but I lost the ME in it. So yeah lol im rambling but hopefully you can relate. So yeah. I'll post pics of my suit in a while and show ya'll.

Do what you like, as its your suit.

But please don´t get personal here, as i´m not attacking you for not being screen accurate either if you do not ask for it.

To me and many other deployed mepd and swat officers, we like to get our sandtrooper gear as movie accurate as possible.

If that is a personal problem for you, maybe the mepd deployment or 501st membership are not the place for you i´m sorry to say.

Do what you like, as its your suit.

But please don´t get personal here, as i´m not attacking you for not being screen accurate either if you do not ask for it.

To me and many other deployed mepd and swat officers, we like to get our sandtrooper gear as movie accurate as possible.

If that is a personal problem for you, maybe the mepd deployment or 501st membership are not the place for you i´m sorry to say.

No man, this is a misunderstanding :sweat: . I didn't mean to attack you, I was just saying from the expierience I had, my peeps in the DSG don't like when you try to make something different. So I was just explaining how I was trying to make mine different, but was told to make it like how you did yours. (Screen acurate). I just wanted to ad some cool blaster bolt wounds or sploches of dirt on the calves. You know...make it my own thing.

In there words, "Dude that looks like you just walked through s**t." :verymad:

So you see how it dissapointed me. And of course I want to be in the legion. I spent the money to be in here with these armor sets, I'm not turning back now. :no:

So please don't get mad, and I am interested in one of those pouches by the way. I love your suit. ITS AMAZING!!!! I just wanted to share my story. Ok?

Thanks bud. Troop on! :td:

First i´m not mad, i just don´t follow your post by like me not to be screen accurate and change my suit?!

personal i´m not into the not screen accurate suits, as they do not inspire me for going all the way, as its my hobby to be as screen accurate as i can.

When a person try to copy a screen used suit, he/she still show a lot of personal looks/creative skills, as its not a walk in the park to make a screen accurate ANH suit.

I guess there are other groups for fan suits, not being screen accurate.

Personal i´m in two other costume groups in my country beside the 501st, there have not guide lines or rules for how your suit shall look or how to troop/act. Pretty free.

Maybe join groups like that, if the 501st do not approve the suit you like to wear.

Over and out.

That's the great thing about this squad...we have a very broad range of individuality and those who want to get as close to possible of the troopers they are representing. I personally love both....as long as its sandy it's good in my book :)

Ok man I get it. It's just pieces of plastic. That's all it is and all it ever will be. Its super cool how inspiring it is for you to make something so awesome and as acurate as you did. I'm glad you did it. It inspires me to be creative. I have my own, I know the hard work it takes.

Just take for example, that:

I like making films. That's my #1 passion. However I like making original scripts and stories. I like making fan films from time to time too, but can I call it my own idea? Well yes, but then again its a FAN film. I don't own the rights to any of it. Therefor my idea isn't really MY idea. it was someone else's that I modified.

Same idea here. You made a very well done screen acurate TD. But its Lucas's Idea. It was his staff of costume wordrobe people who drew those plans and brought it to life. So what I meant from the beggining of this, was that I like my own ideas. Different ways to make it look cool.

Another thing. Please don't say I should look for another group to join. I have been with the Dune Sae Garrison for almost three years. I love them a lot. I feel bashed when you say I should look into something else. But hey, I'm ok with that from time to time. I won't go all baby on you. So please just accept my opinion as is. I love your set, I just don't see the originality in it. I'm sorry.

:ermm:

Actually, either ways is fine and acceptable for 501st and even could be MEPD police officer status. We won't call you wrong for being über accurate or more personal.

For me, it once was more personal free interpretation. Now it is all about über accuracy. Good both are welcome here.

As Rick said, great thing about thus brotherhood, and Ctually about tds, is that there is room for everyone as long as they wish to be here, enjoy being a Sabdtrooper and respect everyone else.

We might disagree in things, but all opinions are and will always be welcome, just let's keep it cool!!!

;)

Saludos.

Thanks Juan. I want you to see my face and what my body language is saying too, but obviously you can't see that because I'm not on video or over skype or something. If you saw my face when I'm talking to you, you probably wouldn't feel insulted. I just like my things different, and that's ok. I can still get approved...as long as its pretty much the same.

So I have a good buddy, right....and this buddy made a fantastic looking Republic Clone Commando based of of the Republic Commando video game. However the color he chose for the stripes and whatever,was purple, and not the color it was supposed to be to get approved. To me that's total B.S!!! It is super amazing, but the dudes behind the 501st customer service counter (thats a joke) won't let him in.

I mean....this is a charity organization. Helping kids and adults in need, while dressing up in some of our favorite costumes or armor sets. Where is the "brotherhood" in not accepting a man's costume because its purple.

I also have a friend who goes by the alias of "Rex Captain." She is making a pink version of the animated Captain Rex from The Clone Wars that she will wear to breast cancer events and other related stuff. Should they accept her? Well *hmmm*.....I think so. Maybe its not from the movie, but still....SHE LOVES STAR WARS AND THE 501ST SO MUCH! She NEEDS this!

So please, to everyone in general not just who ever's forum this is, please don't be mean and vulgar becuase it isn't screen acurate or not close enough. Well all have different versions of the things we love and want to share it. I can't do that by myself. That's why this organization was formed. That's what I want the meaning to be.

Please accept my apologies too. To anybody who read this and felt offended. And thanks for the understanding too. I love you guys, in a brotherhood type of way. Don't take this stuff personally. I wasn't when I began this...And again I'm sorry for being a nit picker.

Nobody is offended here buddy, and if so we would take it outside the Cantina :P

The most important part of all is, think dirty and stay dirty.....

...and you know "A dirty mind is a joy ferever" :thumbsup:

troop on buddy!! :yes:

Rio,

Whilst I appreciate your enthusiasm and your passion for Star Wars and the 501st you have to understand some things.

The 501st was set up to allow people to build accurate Star Wars costumes and share them and to allow us to join a brotherhood of likeminded fans. I dont know about where you are from but here in the UK, the UK Garrison has a massive reputation for professionalism and dedication, and the accuracy of our costumes. We have been labelled as elitest and too picky, but the UKG set a very high standard so that, if you want to join, your armour must be up to a pretty accurate standard. And that is why the UKG is "selected" and approached, above the other costuming groups in the UK, to attend conventions, charity galas and events because we deliver a service with highly accurate costumes and people who are in perfect character.

Now if we started to let people in with armour that is the wrong colour (as you said above) or with details missing then this would detract from that reputation, and I think the same applies to the rest of the 501st as well, which is why your GMLs may not let you in with too much weathering or the wrong colours, and you must appreciate that. If your friend wants to wear a pink Stormtrooper then fair play to her but she would have to do it as a member of the public at an event and not a member of the 501st. I would probably further ask why would you want to take a character you want to emulate and then change it completely anyway, but that is just my opinion.

Anyway just throwing my 2 cents out there for you to consider.

Nick

Ya it can be frustrating when personal interpretations keep a costume from approval. But as previously stated we are portraying characters. Imaging if you went to see a kiss tribute band and they were all blonde and wore yellow costumes and played using pink instruments....your experience might be fun but probably wouldn't have been the expected. Little changes here and there really aren't a big deal unless you are going for a specific looking character. Granted we are doing this for charity and I understand the "anything" goes mindset but once that door is open we change the experience for people and based on a few over the top changes we may lose the reputation of being the best

Remember your costume no matter what it is can be worn at cons or other non cannon events

Lol about the kiss tribute thing, and thanks nick for clarifying on a few theings. I understand completely. Say I wanted to be Superman. and instead I reversed the colors where what was supposed to be red is blue and vice versa. I get it, and I didn't really mean changes to be goofy, I just ment cool changes. Like...Hey... here is a really cool Batman costume, but oh wait. *gasp* Its batlle damaged! It looks like he went through a tough fight. etc.

So I'm pretty sure a lot of you watch the special features on the movies. Well in Episode 3 ROTS, in the special features they showed the evolution of Anakin's and Obi Wan's Jedi robes as the were being pelted by lava stones and blaster hits. They looked brand new at the beggining of the fight on Mustafar and then battle damaged at the end. So like say I wanted a stormtrooper with a big Ewok arrow sticking out of him. (lol). Would that be unapprovable? It may have been in the movie ROTJ...

Anyways thanks guys for being supportive.

Please accept my apologies too. To anybody who read this and felt offended. And thanks for the understanding too. I love you guys, in a brotherhood type of way. Don't take this stuff personally. I wasn't when I began this...And again I'm sorry for being a nit picker.

Hi Rio.

Personal i do not like to many rules, and i have got garrison problems my self whit too many rules.

I grow up from hippy parents, and have been a graffiti writer for over 25 years, so as a person i don´t like to many rules around me.

The only reason i like to be as screen accurate as i can, and its my hobby its only because i saw ANH as a child, and have dream about having a ANH Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper from the movies. So now we can buy ANH kits, i try to make them like in ANH to reach my child hood dream.

I think the problem whit your post was, it was a bit too personal and negative, and i had to post something back.

You post lines like this:

but In my honest opinion it seems to lose its value for me. It is no longer unique or different. but where is the creativity in making it your OWN version. I'm sure Rolf, you are only trying to be really accurate with this, and maybe make another SWAT level of a sandy, but where is the YOU in it.

Maybe we should have three levels for mepd deployment, 1 swat, 2 mepd police officers, 3 sandtrooper suits free minded put together whit guns-pouches etc you like aka the freak show.

I´m good here, and just happy we do not have much of negative posting here on the mepd vs. other forums.

Personal i can´t remember a negative post, i guess it have been years.

Lets focus positive and have fun whit this freak hobby.

Over and out.