ab/cod piece problem

thrashtrooper

ok so my problem is that when i put the ab piece on to test fit it the left side sticks way out. it dosent really wrap around my body. should i heat it up so that the sides kinda hug my body or when i strap it to the kindey piece it will just pull to two together. i want to get it so that i dont have more then 1/2 opening on both sides like the clr says. whats the best way that this piece should fit i have not idea. thanks

post-3645-0-77312000-1332904953_thumb.jp

Hey Matt...

I see what you mean.

You can heat a bit the piece using a blow dryer or a heat gun... just be careful no to heat it too much.

Then bend it to the shape you need.

Also, when putting the belt around the whole piece, it will help keeping it in place.

Maybe a convention of the two.

What do others think?

Saludos.

First I'd connect the abs to the kidney at the sides with thick black elastic, that together with a nice tight belt will probably do the trick anyway - the left bside doesn't look too bad.

I hate heat gun work & to do it on such a long piece would be tricky, especially to get a good uniform turn. Make sure you use some kind of..............thing...... that's long enough with the right bend.....like a large kitchen roll heh, to use as a template until it cools - however the heat and pressure could still affect some of the detail