Calves and Thighs shims, any suggestion?

Guest td-8903

Guest td-8903

does anyone have pics of shims. im one of the larger troopers and i want to make sure the calves and thighs look good for deployment. im nearing the final stages of finishing and i dont want it to end up looking like garbage after all my hard work. i know the size of the strip in back but i have to put a 2 inch shim in order to close them do i put the strip on top of thet or do i leave that as the strip

Yeah... the strip used to cover the butt joint is what should be used as a shim.

You could add strips a bit wider to the front, and much more wide at the back so it closes tight but still looks good.

Once you have the regular width of the strips, its a matter of giving it an eye so to make them fit but still look good.

:)

There are a few troopers (or maybe more than a few) that have done that. I will change your threads name so that it is specific for leg shims so that others can come and assist you.

Saludos.

Hey bro. Sorry that therecwas not many replies. The forum has been slower than usual this last couple of weeks...

For the side I used rivets, but the correct thing would be split rivets or even brads from the stationary store...

There are also some floer shaped split rivets, but brads or even regular rivets or split rivets would be fine.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.