SE Sandtrooper's

supa troop

Firstly i apologise if this thread is in the wrong location or if it's been covered before.

I was always led to believe that the added Sandtrooper's were computer generated, the helmet's for a start are awful.

however while watching the Blu Ray edition of ANH it turns out the Droid search Sandtrooper's in the desert are actually real guy's :blink:

I know the norm here is that sandtrooper don't have drop boxes but am i right in thinking that due to the addition of these SE Sandtroopers Drop Boxes are optional ??

post-3917-0-45835500-1321316291_thumb.jp

Firstly i apologise if this thread is in the wrong location or if it's been covered before.

I was always led to believe that the added Sandtrooper's were computer generated, the helmet's for a start are awful.

however while watching the Blu Ray edition of ANH it turns out the Droid search Sandtrooper's in the desert are actually real guy's :blink:

I know the norm here is that sandtrooper don't have drop boxes but am i right in thinking that due to the addition of these SE Sandtroopers Drop Boxes are optional ??

post-3917-0-45835500-1321316291_thumb.jp

lol....everything is "optional" ;)

I hate those "SE" troopers (sorry). There was no thought from GL here and it was simply a case of digging out some old ROTJ tk's, throw some dirt on them, stick on some randomly made backpack and hey presto!...... Sorry, not good enough for Smally!

Whinge over :D

Smally.

I'm back again, I mean just look at the poor weathering attempt.... Just look at it!!! And don't even get me started on those pauldrons! :angry:

I really am sorry... :lol:

Smally.

be nice....lol....at least GL added some sandtrooper love to the "special" edition....even if we as a rule dont like them....better than seeing a shot of a "tie pilot" lol

I PERSONALLY ,DONT LIKE ANY ASPECT OF THE S.E SANDIE,I PREFFER THE ORIGINAL 76' TROOPER MYSELF!,BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION HERE! :) BUT,I GUESS G.L DID THIS "REVISED " VERSION FOR THE NEWER GENERATION OF FANS!,THEY MAY LOOK COOL TO THE YOUNGER GENERATION! (JUST LOOK AT ANY NEW /MORE RECENT HASBRO SANDIE ACTION FIGURE....... R.O.T.J ARMOUR/LID.AND......DROP BOXES!!!!!)

AS SAID EARLIER....I, PERSONALLY THINK EVERYTHING IS WRONG! ....ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SCENE CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL 76' TROOPERS! :(

Well....

I do hate those SE wannabes. But,

I do have an unfinished SE td helmet over my work bench just now and all the accurate/ replica parts including the liner and a CFO kit, which is awesome.

The kit, not the SE Td.

It while slowly building it I have thought many times if wouldn't it actually really cool to se a fully done accurate SETD.

Someday someone will build it, and I do want to be there to see it. Just out of couriosity that is.

But yeah! Does are sone ugly Dirty TKs for sure.

Saludos.

Well....

I do hate those SE wannabes. But,

I do have an unfinished SE td helmet over my work bench just now and all the accurate/ replica parts including the liner and a CFO kit, which is awesome.

The kit, not the SE Td.

It while slowly building it I have thought many times if wouldn't it actually really cool to se a fully done accurate SETD.

Someday someone will build it, and I do want to be there to see it. Just out of couriosity that is.

But yeah! Does are sone ugly Dirty TKs for sure.

Saludos.

Just a thought, Maybe a few of us should collaborate together on an SE build. I can do the pack, you have the bucket Juan. Maybe we can scrape together enough ROTJ armor parts to get a suit together. It can be official property of the MEPD and be held by a member or members of the command staff. Maybe passed around to members of the command staff to suit up in at a local event in their area for fun. Pics can be posted and everyone can admire or ridicule as they see fit. No one gets any real heat as we all can take a bit of the blame for building the "White Elephant".

In my view the SE troopers are actually wearing phase 5 armour and are from the special detachment that were sent down from the star destroyer, and they had to get dirtied up real quick to fit in with the local boys.

They also have the new r & d, un-field tested, back-packs instead of the cobbled together on the job packs that the Mos Eisley troopers have put together to help them on sunny Tatooine.

And in case you are wondering, Phase 1 & 2 are epii and epiii respectively, phase 3 is the original TD armour (which hasn't been updated for those posted on the back-water planets), phase 4 armour is the last model stormtrooper armour as worn by the majority of troops (such as those on the death star) and phase 5 armour is the newer armour that is slowly rotated into use between epiv and vi, (hence some of the mis-matched armour as seen in epV). So the SE troopers are privaledged in that they get the new armour first as they are based on Vaders star destroyer?

All of the above is pure speculation. :)

I hate those "SE" troopers (sorry). There was no thought from GL here and it was simply a case of digging out some old ROTJ tk's, throw some dirt on them, stick on some randomly made backpack and hey presto!...... Sorry, not good enough for Smally!

Whinge over :D

Smally.

I´m a angry old man my self :D

I hate all the SE scenes in the old saga period, and i hate episode 1, 2 and 3.

I only watch the old saga, and in the real version on DVD :P