Blue wire on T-21 and reversed pauldron

Lasse

Ok, so I was ill a couple of days ago with nothing to do, so i decided to scrutinize the Sandy scenes once more - this time going frame by frame on the blue ray edition. I am a dirty n00b, so these observations may be old news to all of you. Anyways here goes:

First - am I wrong in saying that the black pauldron used by the trooper to the left of the high brow is just an orange one used inside out? If you look carefully at the very start of the "mind trick scene" you catch a glimpse of it looking orange on the under side aswell as a somewhat orange sheen/reflection on the armour underneath.

Second - just before entering the docking bay you see the trooper with the T-21 from behind in a semi close up. You se the front half of the blaster and what looks like a blue wire or string in the area of the front sight.

Am I just seeing things?

Second - just before entering the docking bay you see the trooper with the T-21 from behind in a semi close up. You se the front half of the blaster and what looks like a blue wire or string in the area of the front sight.

i saw the same thing bro, thought i was trippin, now i know im not, Thanks :lol:

In some of the still photos when the sandtroopers are on the way to docking bay 94, the other orange pauldron trooper (the one behind the lead) looks to be carrying his MG-34 upsidedown.

LOL... im gona have to look at that when i get home tonight.

Yeah...

:)

Well, great reference for sure. The wire is actually required for SWAT since some time ago.

It is a fact that most troopers don`t notice it, but now that you have brought it into everyones attention I am sure more troopers will have it added to their T21s.

The BD will give us lots of references to find new details and many more to confirm or deny other TD knowledge...

Keep them coming!

THX for sharing.

Saludos...

Yeah...

Well, great reference for sure. The wire is actually required for SWAT since some time ago.

It is a fact that most troopers don`t notice it, but now that you have brought it into everyones attention I am sure more troopers will have it added to their T21s.

The BD will give us lots of references to find new details and many more to confirm or deny other TD knowledge...

Keep them coming!

THX for sharing.

Saludos...

What about the black pauldron that seems to be an orange pauldron worn inside out?

What about the black pauldron that seems to be an orange pauldron worn inside out?

It does look like it for sure.

I have heard about this a couple of times, but now with the BD it will more easier to make sure.

I have seen that more than a couple TD's pouldrons are white on the other side.

I cant really be sure if the black ones are orange. Could be.

But there are for sure a few that are white.

post-1761-0-77212700-1319744135_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-46412200-1319744156_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-30042200-1319744175_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-58151500-1319744188_thumb.pn

So... Jay, looks like there might be an upgrade to those awesome pauldrons of you.

Would be cool.

Saludos

Yeah...

Keep them coming!

THX for sharing.

Saludos...

Hey Juan..how are these blue wires attached and where? is it coated wire any info on that? please see below..is this correct?

Posted Image

Hey Juan..how are these blue wire attached and where? is it coated wire any info on that?

Hey Bro,

First off, I am not certain that the wire is blue. It could be, but most likely it is a regular wire that looks blueish because of set lighting. I will check in my BD later just to make sure anyway.

Now, how to attach the wire?

Very good question... :)

In this picture, it looks like if it was placed all around the cannon... and the recoiled around itself.

Looks like it anyway... I am not 100% sure.

So far, what has been requested for SWAT is to use a regular wire and put it around the cannon and end it with the clover-like shape.

Posted Image

But, thinking outside the reference, and knowing how wire is used to tie stuff, I think what they this was something like this:

post-0-0-06697800-1320087792_thumb.jpg

1. Make the circle

2. Place the cannon inside the loop and make clover-like shape

3. Twist the clover-like shape to tighten the loop

Therefore, I think this wire was only used to hold something in place. Maybe two parts (sides) of the shaft or something. Can´t see any other reason why that is there anyway.

What does everyone else thinks?

Hope it helps...

Saludos

It does look like it for sure.

I have heard about this a couple of times, but now with the BD it will more easier to make sure.

I have seen that more than a couple TD's pouldrons are white on the other side.

I cant really be sure if the black ones are orange. Could be.

But there are for sure a few that are white.

post-1761-0-77212700-1319744135_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-46412200-1319744156_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-30042200-1319744175_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-58151500-1319744188_thumb.pn

So... Jay, looks like there might be an upgrade to those awesome pauldrons of you.

Would be cool.

Saludos

LOL

Actually no, you could actually put mine on upsided down, since the under side is black high grade vinyl just like the top. Just black! I even tried it, and looks just like the one in the picture!!! So no upgrade needed at this time. LOL