TE Armour Build WIP

supa troop

When i first Joined here i mentioned that my intention was not to be a Trooping Member but simply get as much help to put together my "Move Along" Sandtrooper mannequin.

i started off with a really badly put together CAP helmet that i stripped down and re-built.

Well Yesterday this arrived

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Plan is to kkep the helmet clean and turn that into a hero of some sort, perhaps solo.

But the armour i plan to weather and use for my Mannequin :o , would you guys do that to a TE or not ?

i'm not 100% up on TE ANH armour, i mean i know the origin's and stories etc etc, but it's the actual build im worried about, it comes with all the Sandtrooper extras which is a bonus but ive read and heard that this needs to be painted :blink: is that correct? or as i plan to weather it do i need to bother to paint it.

and finally if it does indeed need to be painted, how on earth do i do that ?

If it was me, i would sell it.

As there are a more accurate suits out there now, such as TM & RS.

But your TE suit is still a very nice set :)

If i should keep it, and use it as a sandy i would not paint the semi gloss hips.

Just add the weathering, and then the hair spray will make it glossy.

I would also not turn the stunt helmet into a hero helmet, but use it as a stunt helmet for the stunt sandtrooper suit.

I would only paint it, if i would never troop in it.

So the paint would stay on, and not crack off while trooping through life.

Heres a few pics of my old not painted hips TE2 armor:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers mate :)

If it was me, i would sell it.

As there are a more accurate suits out there now, such as TM & RS.

But your TE suit is still a very nice set :)

If i should keep it, and use it as a sandy i would not paint the semi gloss hips.

Just add the weathering, and then the hair spray will make it glossy.

I would also not turn the stunt helmet into a hero helmet, but use it as a stunt helmet for the stunt sandtrooper suit.

I would only paint it, if i would never troop in it.

So the paint would stay on, and not crack off while trooping through life.

Heres a few pics of my old not painted hips TE2 armor:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers mate :)

That looks sweet my man

thanks for the advice too

Your welcome bro :)

You got a sweet kit there, the TE suit are sweet stuff, and among the best, even i think the TM & RS are a bit more accurate.

As we know, there are many versions of the TE suit you got there, like: TE2, Cap, Cap-w, ATA, PT.

So having the TE suit like you have are a rare item, so i guess many would like to own it because of its line age.

Yeah if you decide to go sandy whit it, and troop it, i would not paint it white.

Just get it dirty, and troop up.

Cheers :)

Your welcome bro :)

You got a sweet kit there, the TE suit are sweet stuff, and among the best, even i think the TM & RS are a bit more accurate.

As we know, there are many versions of the TE suit you got there, like: TE2, Cap, Cap-w, ATA, PT.

So having the TE suit like you have are a rare item, so i guess many would like to own it because of its line age.

Yeah if you decide to go sandy whit it, and troop it, i would not paint it white.

Just get it dirty, and troop up.

Cheers :)

well i keep saying its for a mannequin however, with my boy having a Mini Trooper kit, my Fiancee having a Fem trooper and a local Con coming up in November well i guess you know whats going to happen :D

• 1 month later...

Ok so im going to begin my TE build this weekend, now i have to admit something here apart from Helmet's ive never built a higher end more accurate set of armour before, therefore although i want to get it spot on this build will be my practice before i build my RS set of armour, basically one to troop in (TE) one to display (RS)

It seems lately everytime i buy a set armour there are issues with the set's, CAP helmet build and the FEM to name a few, well the TE armour is in that category too, thankfully the RS armour is in perfect condition.

ok so i got the TE at a really affordable price to good not to buy, ive already half done the helmet so now i move to the armour.

on first inspection its great its made of .093 styrene, its a really nice sharp pull and looks great, my plan is to paint it semi-gloss and then weather it Sandtrooper style (obviously)

As i said ive never built higher end armour before so im a little nervous with the parts and how they go together ie seperate butt and kidney plate and also the glueing of the biceps shins and thighs i have styrene strips as part of the armour so not entirely sure what to do with these.

I mentioned earlier that the TE has fallen into the problem category and this is the reason why, the person that owned this armour before me obviously had no real experience in building armour and his initial attempt at trimming out the parts is shocking to be honest, my theory is he was daunted by the task made mistakes and shipped it out.

Below are a couple of pictures where you can see he has tried to trim the armour and rather than cut the styrene all the way through he has tried to snap the excess off causing splits in certain parts of the armour.

If i trim back the pieces to get rid of those splits im going to loose a lot of the under cut that is such a big appeal to these higher end sets of armour so basically i need to know how best to repair these splits before i trim any further ? and can someone explain please how i use these strips of styrene also what glue do you guys use in the states that gives a really good bond to styrene ??

Do i still use velcro at the back's of the shins and Thigh's or glue those too.

im sorry for the long post and the many question's again

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is shocking that someone got the armour to the point of fubar and then sold it on, good luck sorting this mess out buddy.

(let me know if you are wanting to get rid of the the CAP lid as I may have a buyer ;) .)

Looks like the parts may have been stood on and cracked. It can easily happen if you lay the parts out on the floor and you are not careful.

I wouldn't worry too much about leaving a big return edge. This will make the armour more prone to cracking seeing how it is HIPS and not ABS. I think good old superglue might be best for this job and just trim most of the return edge away.

Don't glue the backs of your shins closed. You will never get your foot through them so leave the backs open and just glue the thighs shut.

Looks like the parts may have been stood on and cracked. It can easily happen if you lay the parts out on the floor and you are not careful.

I wouldn't worry too much about leaving a big return edge. This will make the armour more prone to cracking seeing how it is HIPS and not ABS. I think good old superglue might be best for this job and just trim most of the return edge away.

Don't glue the backs of your shins closed. You will never get your foot through them so leave the backs open and just glue the thighs shut.

Thanks Paul

no problem man...i had a similar problem with a set of armor....i ended up trading it out when I knew I wouldnt be able to keep it together....im kinda rough...lol

yeah i figured thats what i would do with this set of TE, just rough it up and turn it dirty, maybe even troop in it :P

so i am begining to put the armour together now and just wanted some clarification on the ab plate.

Ive been looking through countless pictures here and ive seen so many different Sandtrooper variations regarding the AB section, some with buttons some with out.

which bits do i use and which do i throw away

Posted Image