Battle damage- chip inners?

baska

http://www.thx1138.jp/123/1138.htm

on this page it shows a man who put superglued chips on the back of the armour to create awesome saber and blaster scars. I just wanted to know if anyone else has tried this on there armour and wich armour would be needed to do it ( such as anything but fx or ANH only etc)

cuase when I either get my armour in a year or two when i move out i would like to do this kind of damage to the brest plate and helmet like td-108 did

ty

Yes, it's very cool and the workmanship is outstanding. Still, it's not my cup of tea.

1) It doesn't fit my imaginings of how future armor would work

2) Some of it doesn't strike me as rational. That strike on the helmet probably should have shattered the lens, and something that would blast through the armor would certainly have damanged anything mechanical underneath, rendering the components unservicable.

Yeah, cool to look at but just not my bag.

Yes, it's very cool and the workmanship is outstanding. Still, it's not my cup of tea.

1) It doesn't fit my imaginings of how future armor would work

2) Some of it doesn't strike me as rational. That strike on the helmet probably should have shattered the lens, and something that would blast through the armor would certainly have damanged anything mechanical underneath, rendering the components unservicable.

Yeah, cool to look at but just not my bag.

Ok Paul,

Gotta a friendly disagreement with you on this one. Your arguments about damage and servicability are valid but not compelling because who knows what materials technology was used in the SW universe? I'd be interested to hear of any references in print; 'plastoid' is one I've come across. We all know that the armor isn't exactly idea for real-world combat conditions but the fact remains that in the anthology they had a utility and purpose (impervious to blasterfire sadly not one of them). Stuff like thermoreg, comm, enhanced visual,etc...

Ok now here's why your argument is valid: if we assume the laws of physics are also a constant in the SW universe but knowing what material the armor is made of, then it stands to reason that a lens will shatter on impact (energy>force>velocity>mass) or expose and render any circuitry useless.

However since we fictionally don't know exactly what the armor's supposed to be made of and the weapons are laser vs. projectile based, then we can only speculate on the results. That's where the creative part comes in. For example a lens may warp or melt instead of shatter. Also a sandy out in the dunes may not have any replacement gear handy after a firefight so the exposed circuitry is plausible and adds dimension. His MEPD buddies would be looking after him for sure.

Not a mythbuster but just my opinion.

As always Brian - you contribute much to the discussion. I pull my rationality arguments as yours are stronger, and then just say that while it looks super cool, it's doesn't fit the picture of what I wanted my TD to look like.