A Secret Weathering Technique by Dirty Boy

DirtyBoy

ok....so Ive been bombarded with emails asking what I do for my weathering. Ive tried just about every thing out there....

The approach I took in finding the right look was simple. I wanted screen accurate with natural earth based materials. Paint is great if you want a painted look but I was wanting something that literally looked like I walked out of the desert.

My discovery was while watching a baseball game of all things....the announcers were talking about what the leagues used to take the sheen off the balls without damaging them. I was like hmmm.....that sounds interesting. Anyway, after some research I was able to come up with the source the league uses. I ordered some here and I absolutely love the results.

you dont need much and if you decide to it can be completely washed off. I used an acrylic clearcoat lightly sprayed over it but honestly this mud has great sticking power on its own.

http://baseballrubbingmud.com/