Too much weathering?

Zero4481

Hello MEPD!

My name is Aaron and I am currently in the process of finishing up on my first set of armor. I have decided to become a sandy and I have one question for you guys. Is there such a thing as "too dirty?"

Neh!!

There is no too much weathering since weathering is a personal thing!

One thing that makes TDs great is that it allows troopers to show their personality and character...

Your choice of gear and amount of weathering shows the empire how bad *** you are.

I on my side, prefere a less is more approach, other guys like their armor really dirty.

No problem either way.

No problem unless you aply for SWAT program, where you will be required to emulate a specific trooper, including its wethering in amount and pattern...

So... go crazy and make it dirty... just remember it is supposed to be sand and dust, not mud.

:D

Saludos

Neh!!

There is no too much weathering since weathering is a personal thing!

One thing that makes TDs great is that it allows troopers to show their personality and character...

Your choice of gear and amount of weathering shows the empire how bad *** you are.

I on my side, prefere a less is more approach, other guys like their armor really dirty.

No problem either way.

No problem unless you aply for SWAT program, where you will be required to emulate a specific trooper, including its wethering in amount and pattern...

So... go crazy and make it dirty... just remember it is supposed to be sand and dust, not mud.

:D

Saludos

Cool stuff! I have already started and just wanted to make sure I haven't gone overboard. Here are some pics:

http://i.imgur.com/dReI2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Xf9iY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KZssz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1dd0W.jpg

It doesn't show up well but I used a heavily paint soaked cloth to make a "dusty" appearance to all the pieces. I was beginning to think it was a little much but let me know what you guys think!

Its not looking bad at all!

Not to much, not to little...

Just a bit too straight, for my likes... hehehe...

Meaning that you can see a straight line around most edges. And even though it is logical to have more dust gathering along edges and details, it would help to make it more "organic" and less designed, if you get what I mean...

try to wipe it off with a dry cloth or papel tower, and see how it looks...then apply another layer, and wipe it off again... repeat as necesary and as much as you like.

That way you will get the multi layer and more organic effect, instead of a designed weathering pattern.

Just an idea.

Of course, weathering is personal. ;)

Saludos

one thing to remember as you start to weather your armour from the feet up toward the helmet the wearhering is going to get lighter if that makes sense.

Yeah I am going to make the weathering on the helm kinda light :)

Yeah I am going to make the weathering on the helm kinda light :)

Another touch to add some realism (tho probably not screen accuracy) is to do a heavier weathering on the top of the helmet. I have collected a lot of real military helmets over the years, and this is always the case. Soldiers usually put their helmet down on the ground (or table or whatever) upside down when they take it off (it lets the heat buildup out, and is also a more natural movement than flipping it after removal) . This results in heavier weathering on the top of the dome when compared to the rest of the helmet.