Inch convert problems

Since USA and Canada mostley uses inches it´s sometimes hard to find out the size in cm or mm. But lucky us we have google etc. Now to my problem:

I have a pipe that is 1/2" = 1.27cm but when I measure it it´s 1.6 cm inner and 2.15 cm outer measurement.

What am I thinking wrong here? Or did Google give me wrong measurement?

So anyone that can measure pipes and give the measurement (outside ones)in millimeter I would be very happy since it will be help me and maybe others alot.

1.25" =

2.5" =

3" =

3,5" =

4" =

5" =

Wow you are correct. The size of the pipe usually goes by ID inside diameter, and not OD outside diameter here. Now the problem is finding the right size OD. They make three to four different pipes so will have to check them all. Do you know what size you are needing?

There is heavy wall pipe, thin wall pipe for plumbing, then there is pipe used in electrical applications that are different sizes as well. I cannot check today, but if no one can find by tomorrow I will run down to Lowes and get you your measurements.

:D

Wow you are correct. The size of the pipe usually goes by ID inside diameter, and not OD outside diameter here. Now the problem is finding the right size OD. They make three to four different pipes so will have to check them all. Do you know what size you are needing?

There is heavy wall pipe, thin wall pipe for plumbing, then there is pipe used in electrical applications that are different sizes as well. I cannot check today, but if no one can find by tomorrow I will run down to Lowes and get you your measurements.

:D

The kind of pipes is for making a T-21 gun so that might help you a bit.

The sizes I wrote in the first post is what I need to have.

These ones:

1.25"

2.5"

3"

3,5"

4"

5"

You just saved my day :D .

Ok, just got back. Here goes. All OD measurements

1 1/4" pipe thick wall= 41mm / 2.5" pipe thick wall = 72mm / 3" pipe thick wall= 88mm / 3" pipe thin wall = 81mm / 3.5" didnt have / 4" pipe thick wall = 115mm / 4" pipe thin wall = 106mm

Hope that helps

no pipe for 5" either at Lowes that I could find.

Ok, just got back. Here goes. All OD measurements

1 1/4" pipe thick wall= 41mm / 2.5" pipe thick wall = 72mm / 3" pipe thick wall= 88mm / 3" pipe thin wall = 81mm / 3.5" didnt have / 4" pipe thick wall = 115mm / 4" pipe thin wall = 106mm

Hope that helps

no pipe for 5" either at Lowes that I could find.

This will be a great help. Thanks 1000000 times :D .