Wireless Headset Options

Has anyone attempted to use one of the ICOMM with a wireless set up? I had my ICOMM hooked to my Aker and it worked great, however I really wanted to go with a wireless so I didnt have to worry about running the wire fromthe headset to the amp.. Well I got one of the memorex wireless set ups and I can get it to work, but 1) I have to use the PTT 2) it has a constant feedback type noise.. I was curious if anyone had ran into this problem before successfully pulling this off and if so what you did you do to fix it..

Hey Kirby

I've just ordered one of these today, and want to go wireless as well, although i do have a throat mic i may use, when it arrives i'll test a few combinations and let you know buddy B)

I have the Aker Amp, Memorex wireless Transmitter/Receiver and the i-comm and I have no problems with the sound. Works great and no feedback, even on the VOX setting.

Could be a few things causing it...

1. Location. Where do you have everything mounted?

2. Fans? Do you have any in your bucket? If so, you could be picking up some ambient noise inside the bucket from them or if they are blowing on your mic.

3. Faulty wire/plug.

I have my amp mounted inside my chest plate facing out. i-comm is mounted next to the amp in the chest.

Wireless receiver is mounted in my backplate. Wire connecting the two runs up under my shoulder strap.

Mic and wireless transmitter are mounted inside the bucket. I also have 2 fans in there with no feedback trouble.

I got my icomm/wireless set up about 2 weeks ago and im having the same problem ppt works but the wireless does not, im pretty sure its user error but i dont know what im doing wrong lol . i have not intsalled yet into my armor,its loose on a table, any ideas?

I have the Aker Amp, Memorex wireless Transmitter/Receiver and the i-comm and I have no problems with the sound. Works great and no feedback, even on the VOX setting.

Could be a few things causing it...

1. Location. Where do you have everything mounted?

2. Fans? Do you have any in your bucket? If so, you could be picking up some ambient noise inside the bucket from them or if they are blowing on your mic.

3. Faulty wire/plug.

I have my amp mounted inside my chest plate facing out. i-comm is mounted next to the amp in the chest.

Wireless receiver is mounted in my backplate. Wire connecting the two runs up under my shoulder strap.

Mic and wireless transmitter are mounted inside the bucket. I also have 2 fans in there with no feedback trouble.

Im still trying to get it to work before I try and get it in my armor.. Right now I have it on my work desk.. I can get it to pseudo-work with the PTT. However, without the PTT I get the constant air sound (also my voice cannot be hear through any mic that I have tried, (I tried the mic I have been using with it and the mic that came with the memorex) alsothe red light on the ICOMM that usually comes on when the static burst goes off, stays lit. (the squeal went away with when I turned the amp down a little so that fixed that..

How do you mount the aker and icomm in the chest plate? Velcro?

Guys,

I did not know there was a thread here or i would have jumped in to help sooner. My apologies. Here is a diagram on how to wire up the aker icomm and wireless kits.

Posted Image

Check to see that you have it wired that way first. Also, make sure you are using fresh batteries for the wireless kit. When in doubt work backwords in testing things.

1. First make sure just the amp and wired headset works together.

2. Then make sure the amp works with the icomm, wired mic, and PTT.

3. Then make sure the amp works with the icomm, wired mic, and in Vox mode.

4. Then test the amp with just the wireless headset mic (no iComm).

That should pin point the problem. Then email me at familyjim72@yahoo.com. I will arrange a time to call you and give you live support. I will of coarse replace whatever is not working if that is the problem.