I know its been a while since I have posted anything, its been one crazy summer... I havent been sitting on my bottum, twittling my thumbs... After several months of summer house projects that seen to equal, finsh one thing 4 more replace that one.. I have finally gotten around to my final work to hopefully get my deployment.. I will be meeting Trooper1 on Monday so we will se, should be sending the phots out tomorrow, hopefully we dont need to do too much "extra work" I can dress pose snap the pics and all will be right.. Then again that has murphys law written all over it too...:) anyways one of the things I want to do was make a mod on the Cushman T21 I bought from jay a while back.. The black stock and handles looked OK but I did want to try and get it a little more screen acurate so after a serious number of trial runs I have managed to come up with this Faux grain on my all plasitc T21.. Its a combination of of a base layer of acrilic paint, then I use Gel wood stain, topped with a regular stain, (apparently gel stain isnt as popular as it once was and there are only a few colors available at the hardware stores, most were discontinued..... (plan on trying this on some doors around the house with my graining tool) sadly the graining tool didnt work on this area, too compact, and not flat... so after several tries with just a simple foam brush until it said, yeah this might work I went with it.. I know its not needed for deployment but Im usually better at the armorments so I kinda try and step those up a notch when I am working on em' why not play to my strengths... Just looking for critism, good bad or ugly...

Posted Image

I had to take several different pictures, some of the pics showed up really really light, guess it might have been the gloss from the stain, not sure..