What black colors are you using?

Juliusthegreat

On the backpack, what black colors are you using and on what parts? I noticed that many have different on different packs. Usully the seedtray is glossy black and very often the radio is matte black or satin black.

So can anyone tell the right way to have different parts in correct black color.

Only what blue color to use was pinned so maybe this is up to the owner to choose what black color to use or?

same result though....the clearcoat gives it a satin/semi gloss appearance

Yes that´s true. Well now I don´t have to worrie to much that I might have "wrong" black on some parts. And also since it´s going to be a bit dirty... :) .

I normally use a satin black for most pieces, but tone the shine down with dirt during weathering.

I use flat black for some detailing to give it an accent or sense of different materials for different parts. The exhaust for for example.

I guess, since references are not good enough for us to detect different types of balck in packs, till today, it is up to you.

For example, I am almost certain Rolf uses the same Humbrol as for the vocoder for black parts on his packs. But that is too shiny for me, so I use satin black and end up killing shines in my pack anyway with real dirt.

;)

Saludos.

I normally use a satin black for most pieces, but tone the shine down with dirt during weathering.

I use flat black for some detailing to give it an accent or sense of different materials for different parts. The exhaust for for example.

I guess, since references are not good enough for us to detect different types of balck in packs, till today, it is up to you.

For example, I am almost certain Rolf uses the same Humbrol as for the vocoder for black parts on his packs. But that is too shiny for me, so I use satin black and end up killing shines in my pack anyway with real dirt.

;)

Saludos.

Thanks for your input :) . I agree that making some parts in different black makes it look more like different materials. But I guess it all depends also on how much dirt you add :D .