Radio soon done

Juliusthegreat

After a few months (almost a year) it´s starting to be done. Now I need some feedback while I still have some chance to make changes.

The paint job might be changed depending on the weathering. I hope the weathering will make it look more used with this painting (maybe I am wrong?). I welcome all weathering tips :D.

The radio is all scratch built with plastic and wood. Some parts is taken from a real radio.

Not the best taken picture but thanks for looking :) .

wow that looks awesome! love it :) does it actually work too? it looks very real.

Thank you very much :) . And no it don´t work. I could have made it like a real radio with parts from the one I had but I am going to put an ampifier and a mp3 player in it instead.

Well done! Looks great!

I did a 3 part weathering on mine.

1. Take a silver metallic paint pen and outline corners you want to be weathered then wipe off with your finger.

2. "Oily and dirty" weathering method

3. Spray portions of the pack with hair spray then throw sand colored grout on it. Allow to dry for 2-3 minutes then wipe off with a damp rag then move on to the next area of the pack

I am totally in love with the effect the grout has. Sand is packed into all of the hard to reach places like I have been out in the suck for way too long.

Well done! Looks great!

I did a 3 part weathering on mine.

1. Take a silver metallic paint pen and outline corners you want to be weathered then wipe off with your finger.

2. "Oily and dirty" weathering method

3. Spray portions of the pack with hair spray then throw sand colored grout on it. Allow to dry for 2-3 minutes then wipe off with a damp rag then move on to the next area of the pack

I am totally in love with the effect the grout has. Sand is packed into all of the hard to reach places like I have been out in the suck for way too long.

1. Any kind of hairspray?

2. Grout? I translated the word and I think I found what it is used for. I will have a look if I can get my hands on some.

Thanks for your weathering help.