Attaching Shoulder bells

nick.black

Am I correct in thinking that the best way to attach shoulder bells is to have braces of webbing (that are holding up your ab/kidney plate) running underneath your white elastic shoulder straps and to place a pop in that brace that the shoulder bell will attach too? I cannot think of any other way to do this other than by creating a pop inside the under side of the elastic shoulder strap, which will involve sewing a doouble piece, and will result in this elastic being bent outwards holding up the shoulder bells. Of course for a TK it is simple to put a popper inside the webbing holding front to back of the chest armour, cos it is covered with the shoulder straps, but for a TD this would show through the white elastic straps.

Can anyone share their method of doing this please as Im curious.

Many thanks

Nick

I attached mine using one piece of webbing. I put a snap on each end of the that and glued the other snap to the inside (upper part) of the shoudlers. Where the webbing runs under my elastic shoulder pieces I sewed velcro to both the webbing and elastic so that holds it in place. So I have the one piece of webbing that runs from shoulder to shoulder, behind my neck. I also sewed another piece of webbing off the left side of that shoulder webbing so that I can attach the shoulder pouch. Haven't had any probelms with all that holding up. The strap for the shoulder pouch was not sewn on when I took this picture, but it shows what I just described.

Posted Image

This is what I did...

Glued some white elastic to the back and fix it to the chest plate with a snap.

Then glued black elastic to the shoulder bell and fix it to a piece of white elastic with a snap.

Sew this piece of white elastic to the white elastic used for the shoulder straps on the inside...

Done!

post-1761-0-54572000-1305221666_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-20973900-1305221668_thumb.jp

Hope it helps.

Saludos

The screen used shoulder bells are attached to the torso using 1" black elastic straps that snap to 2" white elastic shoulder straps. These shoulder straps are glued in place inside the chest and back plates except for the right hand side which has a snap on the inside of the chest for ease of donning the suit.