Hand guards production STOPPED

Sad news.

Austrian Postal Service drastically increased the fees, about +€10 (+ $14) for a single pair of hand guards.

Therefore, I can no longer offer any of my items.

To worsen things: I already got several items returned to my address, and very few I couldn't get out so for.

If you still wait for my items, please give me a few days to sort everything out.

If you're one of my customers who is affected by this situation, contact me and we will work it out.

sincerely,

Karin

wow!!!! that sucks.....

maybe we can work together to resolve this. if shipping a box of them (maybe 10 sets) at a time would be cheaper....then i could offer them as an add on to a pack purchase or something.

id really hate to see these not be around

To sad!!!

I have a pair of your non latex first version and it rocks.

I was really hopping to get a new pair of the more accurate ones in latex later this year.

:(

If you ever offer them again or can work something out, I will sign up for a pair.

Saludos

Okay, my first fit of panic is over,

I may have found a solution for europe,

For overseas orders, I'd need a distributor in canada,

If everything fails, someone will need to step in my footsteps and work with my molds.

There's too much work in them (3 years now) to let them dissappear.

Thanks for all your kind words!

Hi Karin, good to hear you have found a new way/track to sell them...

The tracks belong in these directions :td: (i had to post it :P )

I need one, or two pairs soon i you got it.

Cheers :)

Rolf, Dave,

good new for troopers in Europe.

While I was at work, my better half had a nice talk with my local post office. I can send to Europe/EU again.

There are some limiations, though.

- NO gloves. (completed or extra) (see exceptions below)

- Just 1 pair of hand guards per . NO combined shipping.

- No padding in the envelope. Shouldn't be a problem; they're flexible. No breaking damage :)

- It's €0.30 cheaper than before

If you really want gloves, I have to use another envelope. I sell them at cost, so they would be

€5 (in store cost) + €3.40 + pp fees + price of the envelope + tip (optional :))

If you really, really want completed hand guards (i.e. glued on) I have to send them as a parcel.

+ €2 for the offical, standardisized box + € 13.60 postage

I can mail up to 1 kg for this fare, which equals about 4-6 completed hand guards. each additional kg costs just €1

This I perfect for garrison group orders

I know this seems complicated, trying to refine it a bit

I hope this works for you.

I'm sitting on a big pile of latex hand guards and have a gallon of white rubber comming.

Good grief. What a bunch of red tape to have to wade through. :huh:

I'm glad you're finding other options for shipping... It sounds like there are plenty of troops waiting for a great product!

Rolf, Dave,

good new for troopers in Europe.

While I was at work, my better half had a nice talk with my local post office. I can send to Europe/EU again.

There are some limiations, though.

- NO gloves. (completed or extra) (see exceptions below)

- No padding in the envelope. Shouldn't be a problem; they're flexible. No breaking damage :)

- It's €0.30 cheaper than before

If you really want gloves, I have to use another envelope. I sell them at cost, so they would be

€5 (in store cost) + €3.40 + pp fees + price of the envelope + tip (optional :))

If you really, really want completed hand guards (i.e. glued on) I have to send them as a parcel.

+ €2 for the offical, standardisized box + € 13.60 postage

I can mail up to 1 kg for this fare, which equals about 4-6 completed hand guards. each additional kg costs just €1

This I perfect for garrison group orders

I know this seems complicated, trying to refine it a bit

I hope this works for you.

I'm sitting on a big pile of latex hand guards and have a gallon of white rubber comming.

Thanks for the update Karin.

I´m sure i need two pairs real soon.

I get back to you asap ;)

No problem, Rolf!

I do have some news for international troopers:

great news for international troopers!

Given the same limitations as for european people, I am able to send international:

Those limitations are:

NO gloves. (completed or extra) (see exceptions below)

- It's 5 cent cheaper than before, i.e € 6.80

€5 (in store cost) + €6.80 + pp fees + price of the envelope + tip (optional :))

This is where a canadien distributor would step in:

I'd ship every 5 (or more) finished and paid orders (=completed guards with gloves) to Canada, already complete adressed and packed. The canadien contact would then just carry them to the post office and mail them

Still have to do the math, but I shouldn't be more than € 1-2 more per hand guards, including a small compensation for the canadien helper.

Disadvantage: you have to wait longer

This is quite complicated now, hopefully I can refine it a little.

I'm going to update my sales thread tomorrow.

Thanks for all your assistence!

So, if you want to order just the hand guards, go ahead!

wow i was really afraid when i saw the topic!!

it is really cool if things can evolve in good way, and you have find a solution.

like Juan i have a pair of you first set, and i will need new soon, i just hope that it will also be ok for availability for oversea troopers.

+++