MEPD....Little Kids & Baseball

DirtyBoy

ok, so Im now coaching little league....problem is we need sponsorship to help cover costs of hats, shirts...etc...etc...

What im thinking is that I could build a pack and set it up for auction (within our group) depending on what it goes for (hopefully enough to cover bare minimum of $300.00) and contributions from others within the detachment, we could sponsor the team and supply them with the tools to have a great baseball season.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im noyt to savy with the copy right laws but im shoor there only breeched if u make a profit out of them ( but lookinto it) oh im in to (cant giv to much student and all but i am happy to help)

Rick great deal just let me know what we can do to help. I love our national pass-time and I stil play in a baseball league myself so I know all about the cost involved getting equipment. We play in a wooden bat league and those are expensive enough I have seen the aluminum bat prices when getting my bats. What age ranges are you coaching? I may have some old equipment that still has safe-playable life left in it that I can also donate if your coaching an older age group.

Thanks everyone.....this is very exciting and I know the kids would look so cool in their uniforms especially when its related to the MEPD!

the kids are ages 6-8 and man equipment is expensive. Im going to find out some more info from the director tomorrow as to exactly what we need to get the ball throwing :)

I can see them now coming on to the field

The other team looks on with aww as the the dirty boy hit the field in

Full sandtrooper armor with back packs and Lewis guns

Now that impressive

talk about intimidation factor

Funny you say that....I totally plan to have a "star wars" day!!! :)

Thanks everyone.....this is very exciting and I know the kids would look so cool in their uniforms especially when its related to the MEPD!

the kids are ages 6-8 and man equipment is expensive. Im going to find out some more info from the director tomorrow as to exactly what we need to get the ball throwing :)

Unfortunately I dont have anything that will work for them 12-14 probably but not the younger ones:( Still down for a little financial support though..

I dont think that using MEPD related stuff on uniforms or caps would be a problem, as long as it is MEPD and not SW or LFL copyright material. You could clear it with Legion Command Staff if you consider it necessary.

You could name the team something like The Dunes, sponsored by the MEPD. Or whatever...

But the kids would anyway know it is SW related.

And maybe have a few TDs and Jawas appear on one game or something.

Sounds doable... I guess.

Saludos.

Awesome idea....funny I was just thinking about the movie sand lot this morning....maybe do Sand Lot Squad (kids won't know what a garrison is) and brings me to the idea of a patrol in our area of a comparable name. :)