Vienna, Prague and Budapest suggestions

Giftshopduane

I know Sonnenschein lives in Vienna, so hopefully she'll chime in and maybe a few others too. My daughter is going to Vienna, Prague and Budapest this summer on a high school trip (departing Boston) and I was curious if anyone had some "must see/do" suggestions. I admit I am a little nervous sending her out for the first time without family, but its important for her to go.

thanks

chris

I'd love to chime in :)

I'll write a list andpost it later tonight.

How old is she?

BTW, no need to worry. Vienna is one of the safest cities in the world.

One of the "must see" is the former residence of the former emperor (NOT Palpatine), the castle of Schönbrunn, with its huge park and the zoo

Posted Image

Posted Image

ok, I'll post more later :)

Next up:

The Wiener Prater (Vienese fairground) with the Riesenrad (Giant Wheel)

Posted Image

The Riesenrad was one of the earliest Ferris wheels, erected in 1897, at this time it was the largest in the world with an overall height of 64.75 meters(212.4 ft).

The Riesenrad famously appeared in the movie The Third Man, James Bond- The Living Daylights and Before Sunrise.

If you take a ride in one of the gondolas, you'll get a beautiful view of the city.

More to come.

Been to all three and loved them... Although Prague and Budapest were, in my opinion, better than Vienna (and cheaper to)...

Prague - the Charles Bridge is a tourist attraction and I loved the castle. The astronominal clock.

Budapest - Wenseslas Sq and then keep going to the river, over to the castle again (I love castles) and the area around it...