Mini TD meets ..................

supa troop

Had the first outing at a proper Con today with my Little Boy in his TD Suit i was very proud of him as he kept his Armour on a Good 3 hours obviously having plenty of water breaks, The Back Pack got a little heavey for him so i had to help him with that.

he had a great time and he really enjoyed his time.The was one small issue with a UK 501st member who tried to spoil the fun, which realy incensed me

but anyway on with the pics i hope you enjoy.

Meeting a Dalek

Posted Image

Eval Kinevals Bike

Posted Image

Meeting The Stig (UK TV programme Top Gear)

Posted Image

Arnt you a little small to be an AT-AT

Posted Image

Loyal Body Gaurd

Posted Image

With A fellow Trooper

Posted Image

Meeting Brian Muir

Posted Image

Hey Simon, I was really impressed with this kit and the back pack was awesome!

If I'd known it was you who was with this mini TD I would have introduced myself properly instead of hanging in the background!

Sent you a PM ;)

Smally.

i thought your boy,his armour and pack looked cool! i loved the blue light on the pack too ! a nice touch !. i was the sandie in the imperial armour talk line up ,but, i,remember,i have seen him and you before at that event though simon. nice to meet you anyway mate ;)

i thought your boy,his armour and pack looked cool! i loved the blue light on the pack too ! a nice touch !. i was the sandie in the imperial armour talk line up ,but, i,remember,i have seen him and you before at that event though simon. nice to meet you anyway mate ;)

Ah Dave, it would seem i owe you a an Apology,

at some point when i get 5 il drop you a pm

Awesome pics Simon! Sorry to hear about the trouble your had (read about it on the FISD). Sometimes we all need reminding that this is for fun. Some guys just take it WAY too seriously.

Looks like he had a great time!

Awesome pics Simon! Sorry to hear about the trouble your had (read about it on the FISD). Sometimes we all need reminding that this is for fun. Some guys just take it WAY too seriously.

Sorry here too. F U N. He looks Awesome!

WOW!

What a lucky kid, he must be the envy of his mates.

Any chance of some picks of the full set up, back pack and all.

This is nearly enough to make me want kids of my own, nearly but not quite.

Craig

hi here a couple the day before the Con, the backpack was made by John The Quartermaster

Posted Image

Posted Image

simon,apparrently i am the guy who "ripped his sons kit to pieces" ,i will explain what happened guys.......while i was crewing for smally and dave mars, i was told by a crew member that simon wanted weathering advice on his sons mini td,so i approached him,introduced myself politely ,commented on,and complimented on his boys armour and said the armour and pack were cool,and suggested removing decals and painting before weathering thats all,then i got told "its only a kiddies costume" twice . so i left it at that and returned to my squad!!! i was asked to help someone,but obviously my help wasn't actually required! as i am one of 2 of the ukg's sandtrooper armourers, i dont make habits to "rip peoples kit to pieces " guys,thats not my style as many,many of my ukg/mepd/fisd friends know!!!! a misunderstanding on both parts???? ....maybe! ,but, i think i should not be slammed for trying to help out somebody! ;)

Have read a bit about this misunderstanding over the FISD, facebook and here. I can only come to the conclusion it was a misunderstanding.

Hopefully, no hard feelings will be kept and all goes smooth and cool as always from now on.

Dave, thx for replying here.

And I actually think it is cool to see all what has been written here.

I know when two parts "in conflict" are willing to make things better, it is already better!

Dave, Simon and son... hope the best comes out for you from this little misunderstanding.

And, Simon, you can tell your boy all the TDs at the MEPD think his armor is AMAZING!! And we mean it.

Saludos

apparrently i am the guy who "ripped his sons kit to pieces" ,while i was crewing for smally and dave mars, i was told by a crew member that simon wanted weathering advice on his sons mini td,so i approached him,introduced myself ,commented his boys armour and pack were cool,and suggested removing decals and painting thats all,then i got told "its only a kiddies costume" twice so i left it at that!!! i was asked to help,but obviously my help wasn't actually required! as one of the ukg's sandtrooper armourers, i dont make habits to "rip peoples kit to pieces " guys,thats not my style as many of ukg/mepd/fisd friends know! a misunderstanding on both parts???? ....maybe! ;)

Hi Dave

a total misunderstanding of the highest order especially as i didnt ask any one for advice on anything, why would i lets be totally honest.

i spent all day Saturday trying to find fullers earth to weather the armour in time for Sunday but failed

the misunderstanding i believe was down to one of your female spotters she clearly thought seeing that my Sons kit was un-weathered that it should be, in order for him to be a Sandtrooper. Why did she feel the need ?? we didnt ask !!!

i dont particularly want to get into a public debate over a childs costume i did say above i would pm you, at no point have i said that you "ripped my sons kit to pieces", you are clearly very knowledgeable about sandtroopers but even the wife said a little more tact was perhaps needed, i know how this works how some people live and breath this stuff, but im afraid a boy of 9 doesnt understand the need for greay decals, a diamond knee plate and the correct ab plate, he just wanted to play at being a Sandtrooper, and once we had settled him down he had a great time.

a mini sandy the best backpack Posted Image

i cannot say enough how cool the Mini Back pack is John did a great job on getting the details right, i dont mind admitting it is the best thing about the whole costume i just wish the armour was of a higher standard to match the Pack.

i cant wait to get a full sized one for my display

Happy days. Hat's off to you both, Simon and Dave, there's

already to much negativity in this world - it's up to us to make it positive- one troop at a time! :D

Good on ya boys :duim:

Smally :salute:

Way to go guys. Glad to see it all worked out.

BTW, if I had known that my pack would have caused such a stir over there in the UK, I would have made sure it was 100% spot on screen accurate!

Rest assured, the next time someone orders one for their son or daughter, it will be!;)

Way to go guys. Glad to see it all worked out.

BTW, if I had known that my pack would have caused such a stir over there in the UK, I would have made sure it was 100% spot on screen accurate!

Rest assured, the next time someone orders one for their son or daughter, it will be!;)

nothing wrong with the Pack at all John infact i would go as far to say its better than some adult packs ive seen ........ :P