Road Block Pouch?

I came up with the dims based on the stuff beside it like the tupperware lid and the width of the tube and the canvas belt and the plastic ammo belt section. Rick you have one of the pouches right? the ones from JM.

should be about 4"x6"x1 1/2-2" at the top

I came up with the dims based on the stuff beside it like the tupperware lid and the width of the tube and the canvas belt and the plastic ammo belt section. Rick you have one of the pouches right? the ones from JM.

Have you got a picture of the JM pouch for reference?

yes, I have one of the JM ones...buried in my shop somewhere...lol

these are the dimensions the guy has given me for these pouches;

'Hi Craig the pouches measure: 8" long, 3&1/2" tall and 3" down to 2" deep from the top'

So I guess they are not right then or was the estimation off?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have an alternative suggestion for this pouch and I think we're not looking far enough back in history... Everyone assumes that Lucas used WWI and WWII surplus because that's what he did for ANH.

However, Ive seen a pouch very similar to this before when I did Civil War Reenacting and I was looking at some of the screen shots and then it hit me..

Enfield Cartridge Boxes..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Removing the outer flap and the buckles on the bottom would give it about the right size and shape. Also the things seen on top look like the belt straps..

The interesting thing about these is there are a large number of varieties out there. I know it's a shot in the dark.. but it;s something,