Are you missing a MG -34 I think I found it

iron ram

Are you missing a MG -34 I think I found it

http://wavy.m0bl.net/r/du47b

WWII machine gun found in mail

Mar 22, 2011 10:23 a.m.

Lithuanian customs and postal officials say they have found a fully functional machine gun dating from World War II, complete with ammunition, in a package at Vilnius International Airport.

Officials said Tuesday that the German-made MG-42 machine gun was found after scanning a suspicious 20-kilogram (44-pound) package posted in Lithuania and bound for Germany.

Customs spokeswoman Asta Mikeleviciute says it was the first time that customs authorities had ever uncovered such a parcel and an investigation has been launched.

No evacuation of the capital's airport was ordered, but authorities were placed on alert.

More than 65 years after the war, Lithuania and other East European countries continue to uncover large amounts of weaponry and unexploded ordnance.

Ok it was a MG-42. Really hard to tell by the pic they gave and the news never gets it right normally

Had a closer look at this pic.Seems the "ammunition" is a couple of crimped blanks(look at front of the casings).This actually might be a display piece or a blank fire device, unless they disassembled it to confirm???.