Armor finally came

IanL

I am getting closer to joining the ranks of a TD. My armor finally came (bought from another XL sized gentleman) and I also picked up a free Lewis gun. Check everything out here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47559996@N00/sets/1832214/

I am in the process of acquiring the remaining pieces of armor, then i'll be redoing the weathering to get it all uniform.

I know the previous owner (notice my sig banner) and the reason he put that plate there is because the way it fit him, its the only way for it not to stab him. We actually dirtied our suits together so I had my hand in that . Make sure you use woodland paints and fuller's earths to dirty the new pieces and youll be nice and even.

Later

Yup the armor used to belong to the big dude on the left in H_T's sig. I am happy to see that Hippie has offered to round up the guys for a road trip to Pensacola to help me finish te weathering

Make sure you use woodland paints and fuller's earths to dirty the new pieces and youll be nice and even.

Exactly which colors of the Woodland Paints did you guys use on your armor? I haven't had any luck finding these in stores, but I see lots of it being sold on eBay. LMK... thanks!

The colors Ill have to get back to you on, theyre in the bottom of my bin and Im on my way to an armor party, but I do know that you can get them at any railroad/train model store along with the Fuller's earths.

Ianl, we got an armor party in Plant city today, come on down

Seriously, let me know if I can help in any way, at least through online communication, though Vampyregodz was the one who showed me how to do it, and Im sure he's given you good instructions too.

Ill get back with those colors soon.

Later

Hey Ian I found the Hand Plates today...i could have shorn they were in the box...but i will bring them to you at FX, if you can aquire the biceps, forearms, and calves by FX bring them to the show i will br working the 501st booth all weekend and can take themn back to our room Saturday night and bring them back to you Sunday ready to wear....i have a ton of fullers earth here along with the woodland scenics

for others questionning the colors its burnt umber

raw umber and yellow ocher

http://www.woodlandscenics.com/items.ht ... uidPigment

here is the tutorial i used...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/davin/re ... hering.htm

we have done 4 sets of armor off the small bottles of woodland scenics

This was my TKBIG Armor, the only complete set stacey ever made, and although I have lost 70lbs and it no longer fot and i now fit comfortably in FX i hated to see it go but like when i could not fit in FX Stacey was my savior in order to troop and knowing Ian would need the larger armor i figures the best thing to do is pass the big guy favor forward

Remember Ian call me if you have any questions

Congrats on getting new armor. Is it just me, or did that left thigh piece have the diamond plate attached to that, instead of being placed on the calve piece?

Yes i had to do that inorder to wear the plate since Ian is shorther than me he can lower it to the claf piece, I am 6'6" and the thighs would grab the plate from the claf bend it under the thigh and slice my underarmor and leg LOL so that was the quick fix solution...

cant waitto see the pics of you in it Ian