Your Helmet Setup

TD1043

So, what does the inside of your bucket look like? Do you go for the very organized and technical look or is your bucket setup to the point that it functions? I had someone help hook up some exhaust fans and a microphone/amp set (and speakers in the aerators), but now I have to install them into my bucket. I purchased some black plastic tubing to conceal the wires, but I'm curious what the inside of your buckets look like. Please share pics here. Thanks!

I don't have a good digital camera (actually I don't think I have any camera anymore, lol) to take pics so I'll just describe my bucket as "organized clutter".

Actually I just got the set up that was described in the Skullworks site since I ordered from there. Although the volume control tends to make it hard for me to adjust the volume since the way it's wired limits it's position.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

I have my helmet almost completely finished, but I'm very curious as to how all the troopers here have setup their microphones. I have the amplifier all set in place, speakers in the aerators, everything sounds great, but I'm wondering where I should be placing the actual microphone. Obviously it's supposed to go by the mouth, but the problem I'm facing here is that I'm getting some serious feedback when the volume is turned up about 75% of the way. I have some green foam that I plan on putting around the microphone (it's a lapel type from Radioschack), and I'm not sure if there's a better way to prevent feedback from happening. Take a look at the pictures below, and let me know what your thoughts are and/or suggestions to stop the feedback from happening. Thanks!

http://www.td1043.com/photos/2006_01_16/index.html

I have mine right below the frown. I pick up some feedback if the radioshak amp is turned up all the way. Someone mentioned glueing the mic into a cap from a 2 liter and that would help. I have not tried it yet. Tis also been mentioned to put foam in behind the speakers and that would help also. Once again have not tried this option. May do both this weekend since no football.

I have the mic tips in my aerators and my mic roughly on the frown. I took the guts out of the amp I got from radio shack and it is also glued into the helmet. I have found that if I turn it on having it fairly low and then turn it up more once it's on my head, I do not get feed back unless I turn it up all the way. I'll dig out my camera and get some pics for ya.

Katt