How do you fix the cracks in your armor?

TD9323

I have an AP kit and it has a lot of little cracks . Most of the cracks are along the top lip of the ab plate and the cod piece. In the past I would glue a small piece of ABS with Devcon plastic welder but new cracks would always form next to the repair. I also tried CA glue with fabric but it was always an impermanent repair.

Any better solutions or should I order a replacement? B)

I have an AP kit and it has a lot of little cracks . Most of the cracks are along the top lip of the ab plate and the cod piece. In the past I would glue a small piece of ABS with Devcon plastic welder but new cracks would always form next to the repair. I also tried CA glue with fabric but it was always an impermanent repair.

Any better solutions or should I order a replacement? B)

I drill a hole in the crack wich stops it then i apply automobile fiberglass, then sand , paint, shine, look ,admire ,say ''i did that!''.

I drill a hole in the crack wich stops it then i apply automobile fiberglass, then sand , paint, shine, look ,admire ,say ''i did that!''.

Interesting. I'll try it but I'll patch it with Devcon plastic putty and weather over it. Thanks B)

Here's what I've done on my TE2 kit... it works great for small cracks along the edges.

Of course if it wasn't a TD I'd do more to fix the appearance on the outside too, but this is a quick and easy — and long lasting — fix.

Nice! I'll try that too. I need to pick up some white E6000 anyway. Thanks B)

Christian, have you "cut the cod" to separate it? I find this takes much of the stress off the ab plastic from walking, bending etc.

I haven't and maybe I should. The cracks are closer to my thighs than at the waist.

On another note, my 7 week old is getting his cod cut tomorrow. :huh:

Here's what I've done on my TE2 kit... it works great for small cracks along the edges.

Of course if it wasn't a TD I'd do more to fix the appearance on the outside too, but this is a quick and easy — and long lasting — fix.

drats! you beat me to it, that's what I was going to say... :lol::P

E6000 is great!