Went for ROM rather than BPack, am I bad

tk7713gra30

Hi all

Well I think you all know I am a very very close Sandy

To be honest I could go now but I want to have the fun of having all before I start weathering.

I am a figure painter see and painting is really the thing I love

Well I had the cahnce to either get my Pack or Rom FX pro, so sorry to all, I went for the ROM and I will have it in 3 weeks.

The hards things is, over the last 6 years i actually have all the proper stuff, original tupperware lids and lunch box, Burger stack, boy scout frame, UK cystern etc

What I would really also like to ask, should I get a kit, as so many seem to do, or should I keep going with what I have collected.

I think you all know my old suit in the pic, that will be my Sandy, I have 2 pauldrons, cnvas belt the lot, its just the 1/2 accurate pack that is stopping me.

My TM is still untouched in the attic which will be my new TK when I go dirty

Sorry if got off topic, just happy about the ROM.

Maybe I just need some trays, any advise appreciated

I went for Where is your idetification

Move along

and Imperial as the 3 xtra on my pro ROM

a good choice I think, now have to master the US accent as in Tattoine

Gras

Hey Graham,

If you already have most of the parts for the back pack then I would suggest sticking with that. This hobby can get VERY expensive as you know so buying the ROM was the right choice considering you dont have that peice of the costume yet.

I would build the pack with the parts that you already have and then if at a later date you are not happy with it then you could always consider selling you pack for an upgraded version.

Have you had a ROM off of John before?

Cheers,

Smally.

Hi mate,

This is my first ROM, I asked a couple of weeks ago to be put on the list and as luck would have it I was close to a run. As soon as he emailed me my wallet was out :D, I went for the Pro

Thanks for your comments, you made me feel better, I think I will have more fun making my own BP anyway. I PM'd Crashman last night as I can just stretch to some boxes ( if he will do me some) so I am hopefully not far off, I am looking forward to making the radio anyway, pegs and all so hopefully I am not too far behind

Best wishes

gra

Hi mate,

This is my first ROM,

Well youre in good hands my man. John attends most of the Trooping events and he will do ROM mot's free of charge! He has a look at them and sets them up correctly for the individual and basically makes sure they are running properly. Man, they reall are the dogs Bo**ocks!

On another subject, I see that youre just about to retire, is that from the forces? - who were you with buddy/sir (?) :D

Smally.

Well youre in good hands my man. John attends most of the Trooping events and he will do ROM mot's free of charge! He has a look at them and sets them up correctly for the individual and basically makes sure they are running properly. Man, they reall are the dogs Bo**ocks!

On another subject, I see that youre just about to retire, is that from the forces? - who were you with buddy/sir (?) :D

Smally.

John has been brilliant, really hope I get to meet him sometime.

Royal Marines mate.

I joined at 16 and have done 23 yrs so finish in 12 months, they don't count boys time- from age of 18.

The new lot only get to serve 18 yrs to pension and that may be changing, governments way of cutting back I suppose, well I know.

Got to Sgt Maj ( I am Drum Major, CSM) and CSgt Pension so happy, seems I just like dressing up.

I am based at Lympstone and Cath and I live in Exmouth, although neither of us are from here.

It's a nice place, we bought our house 12 yrs ago and so it seems we are destined to stay West Country :)

Out for a beer in Topsham tonight, CIDER he he

One of my best mates is from Blaby (sorry if that is spelt wrong)

John has been brilliant, really hope I get to meet him sometime.

Royal Marines mate.

I joined at 16 and have done 23 yrs so finish in 12 months, they don't count boys time- from age of 18.

The new lot only get to serve 18 yrs to pension and that may be changing, governments way of cutting back I suppose, well I know.

Got to Sgt Maj ( I am Drum Major, CSM) and CSgt Pension so happy, seems I just like dressing up.

I am based at Lympstone and Cath and I live in Exmouth, although neither of us are from here.

It's a nice place, we bought our house 12 yrs ago and so it seems we are destined to stay West Country :)

Out for a beer in Topsham tonight, CIDER he he

One of my best mates is from Blaby (sorry if that is spelt wrong)

Navy :angry: ..... I wont hold it against you, SIR. :D

I was in the army, came out 10 years ago. I missed the Uniformed services with a rank structure so Joined the Police instead, I have been doing that ever since. Also missed the shooting so went on and passed selection for the firearms dept. - LOVE it!

Civvi street here you come! - BIG change! ;)

Blaby eh!? That's about 4 miles from me. Small world.

Smally.