New TK helmet assembled.

Giftshopduane

Posted this over on my NEG forum, I thought I'd get some feedback here as well, as I will weather it when I get my armor to match. This is an ATA "b" grade cast. I like it, I am happy with my first go at it. Just need to add the tube stripes (painting them) and some smaller mods to the inside. All in all I like it.

New pictures posted!

Looks good man! :duim:

What things made it a "b" grade? (just curious)

So is this your first helmet?

Not sure what made it "b" grade, it seems just fine to me. I'm super happy with it, I think it came out great. Took a little wiggling but it worked fine.

Yes my first helmet, I don't have another (yet) to compare it to. I'd buy another "b" anytime.

Not sure what made it "b" grade, it seems just fine to me. I'm super happy with it, I think it came out great. Took a little wiggling but it worked fine.

Yes my first helmet, I don't have another (yet) to compare it to. I'd buy another "b" anytime.

Yeah, looks great to me too!

So you mean your son had a helmet before you did?! :D

A few things to note for your next helmet build:

1. Vocoder has 7 ribs (you have painted 9)

2. Never put a slit in the brow trim to make it go past the end of the traps (looks wrong)

3. Eyes could be trimmed out more and make the top corners sharper (looks a bit ROTJ as it is)

Other than those minor points, looks good!

Fixed a few things last night per troopermasters suggestions, didn't recut the eyes since the lenses are epoxied in. Tell me tube stripes? too short, not curved enough, too dark? I can't put my finger on it. I'm going to reattach the neck trim tonight, need to get my weatherstrip adhesive from work, hot glue didn't hold. Thanks

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tell me tube stripes? too short, not curved enough, too dark? I can't put my finger on it.

Hmmm, I think they need to be more curved. As for the colour of them, I personally like mine a lighter blue.

Looks great though!

Smally.

the tube stripe is little bit short,just a little towards the inside,'move along' helmet were quite short,but not that short.

what paint are you using for it? if its humbrol # 14 or something similar you're on the right track :)

Posted Image

(img from starwarshelmets.com)

I also think the eyes need to be trim more,make the corners more sharper not rounder. avoid trimming the top and bottom side again,it had enough cut. plan your cut first.

Hope this help bro :)