StarWars Timeline

supa troop

Since joining here ive re-newed my interest in the OT i watched ESB last night i cant help wondering what happened between ANH and ESB.

my main observation is Luke Skywalker, if he is the last of the Jedi (he not having met Yoda yet) then how does he know how to use the force to retrieve his Lightsaber in the Wampas lair, Obi Wan dies before he can give Luke any meaningful lessons.

On board the Executor when Vader is giving his orders to the group of Bounty Hunters why does he single out Boba Fett when he says "No disintergrations" have Vader and Fett had previous dealings.

im sure there are some of you that may know or read books about the time line therefore im interested to know.

Another point that always puzzled me is how did Fett know that Han solo would use a Star Destroyer to cloak their whereabouts and then float away ..... again have their paths crossed before.

i think it would have been really cool if in ANH we actually saw Boba Fett place a homing device on the Falcon, why go through the trouble of adding Fett to the Special Editions just to have him have 10seconds of screen time and not do anything

my main observation is Luke Skywalker, if he is the last of the Jedi (he not having met Yoda yet) then how does he know how to use the force to retrieve his Lightsaber in the Wampas lair, Obi Wan dies before he can give Luke any meaningful lessons.

Even at the end of ANH, Obi-Wan was talking to Luke so why not do more... Also in the comic book version, you see Obi wan saying to Luke "Think the Saber into your hand" so there are references to it...

Another point that always puzzled me is how did Fett know that Han solo would use a Star Destroyer to cloak their whereabouts and then float away ..... again have their paths crossed before.

i think it would have been really cool if in ANH we actually saw Boba Fett place a homing device on the Falcon, why go through the trouble of adding Fett to the Special Editions just to have him have 10seconds of screen time and not do anything

The Falcon already had a homing device on it, perhaps it was still on the Falcon? Gov. Tarkin asks Vader in ANH about.

=====

Darth Vader strides into the control room, where Tarkin is

watching the huge view screen. A sea of stars is before him.

TARKIN: Are they away?

VADER: They have just made the jump into hyperspace.

TARKIN: You're sure the homing beacon is secure aboard their ship? I'm

taking an awful risk, Vader. This had better work.

========

Or perhaps Fett "thinks like a smuggler would" and in this case that's what he would do - the old "pretend I'm attached and float away with the garbage trick". Remember that Obi Wan uses a similar trick in Attack of the Clones during the chase through the asteroid field.

Or perhaps Fett "thinks like a smuggler would" and in this case that's what he would do - the old "pretend I'm attached and float away with the garbage trick". Remember that Obi Wan uses a similar trick in Attack of the Clones during the chase through the asteroid field.

Yeh, Fett's been around the galaxy once or twice and knows all the tricks...

Its a bit like being a parent, kids are wondering how we know what they are doing without being there, or they think they we have eyes in the back of our heads, they don't realize we've been there / don't that already... Experience is a marvellous thing...

I was @ Boarders, and there is a book out called "Star Wars, the complete saga" (or some such title), and it ties the movies (the first three and the "other ones"), cartoons, comics, novels, games, and everything together. It also gives complete time lines on the lives of various personalities (finally found out who Mara Jade is). I guess it is worth the money if you really want to be up to speed with the latest.

The Falcon already had a homing device on it, perhaps it was still on the Falcon? Gov. Tarkin asks Vader in ANH about.

=====

Darth Vader strides into the control room, where Tarkin is

watching the huge view screen. A sea of stars is before him.

TARKIN: Are they away?

VADER: They have just made the jump into hyperspace.

TARKIN: You're sure the homing beacon is secure aboard their ship? I'm

taking an awful risk, Vader. This had better work.

Good call, i didnt think of that, this would also explain then why the Falcon couldnt be traced in the Asteroid field(esb) interference maybe.....

My understanding is that there's supposed to be like 6 months or something since the end of ANH & the beginning of ESB. As noted, maybe Obi talks to Luke, but I doubt that much else why go to Yoda at all? Perhaps it's only in periods of great need, etc.

It's also - according to the novelization - only 6 months between ESB & ROTJ. However...all that has been changed. Looking at the inside of my Republic|Imperial Commando books, what's printed is that:

ANH-ESB : 3 years

ESB-ROTJ: 1 year

So, according to this Luke has had 3 years to figure out how to jiggle a light saber but has to work real hard at it, which makes me think that he hasn't spoken to Ben at all and is just feeling things out as he goes along.

Other books that are dated as taking place between year ANH & ESB are:

* Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina

* Allegiance

* Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine

(there is also Splinter of the Minds Eye, but near all of this novel is overwritten by later books/movies.

Reading more EU stories, it's clear that Boba Fett is one of the most notorious bounty hunters in the galaxy, so perhaps Vader singles him out because Boba got a little trigger happy on his last assignment. It's also probable that Jango told Boba about the trick Obi-Wan played.

I was also thinking that 4 years is insanely short for the second Death Star to be even partially built if it took them so long to make the first, but governments being governments I bet they had already started on the second even before the first one was done.

Loving this Guys ......... anyone have any more about the timeline.

Another thing about the Luke - Obiwan situation, during ANH Luke clearly brushes off the Voice of Obi-wan and when Obi wan first appears to Luke in ESB it would seem that this is also not a regular occurence.

Also Solo refers to a run in with a Bounty Hunter on Ordamondel (spelling) im sure i read somewhere this was IG-88.

How long had Lando infiltrated Jabbas palace to be accepted as a skiff Guard the mind boggles doesnt it, stories within stories

The novelization of ROTJ stated that Lando spent 6 months in Jabba's palace before the droids showed up. So that would be 6 months of planning, detective work, creating a cover, etc.

It's also probable that Jango told Boba about the trick Obi-Wan played.

Boba was with Jango when this happened... Personal experience...

Also, Boba probably knew that a ship that size couldn't have a cloaking device (see Captain Needa) so Solo was either A) still around or B ) went to hyperspace... If B then why earlier, unless your motor was damaged? So Fett figured A), and if the clamps on the ship couldn't take the loads in Hyperspace, he figured Solo would have to leave before the fleet went to Hyperspace... So floating away with the debris was a logical thought...