Sandtrooper Mannequin

Hey Guys,

I'm very excited that I'm nearing completion of my suit( minus the pack and weathering) and one of the last things I want to do is keep it locked in a chest waiting to troop. I want to set this bad boy up and show it off. Shopped around and I found what I think is the best deal for a posable mannequin on the market. I went with an all black so that I at least don't have to put a black under suit on it. Found one where only the arms are movable at the elbows. This thing stands 73" tall and does the job.

Only two small issues so far and one is that the left foot has a hole in it that allows the support rod to hold it to the base, so I can't get the boot on, not interested in drilling a hole in my boot :huh: . Can always lean it against the wall I guess but will have to work on that one for now. The other is that the arms really don't support any weight very well so this is the only position for now that I can come up with so as to include his DLT-19.

A few of the guys were also interested and wanted to see what I came up with first before committing, so I took the plunge first. Best deal I found was on ebay, guys sells them for 195 plus shipping or best offer (that is always a give away that they will take less) started at 135 and he finally agreed at 165, total shipped anywhere in the US will be 209. Not sure if anyone else is interested but I did want to at least share my experience. So far I'm loving it and would recommend. If looking just go onto ebay and type in FLEXABLE BLACK MANNEQUIN. Any questions feel free to ask, glad to help.

post-3855-061354600 1293659958_thumb.jpg

post-3855-077540900 1293660041_thumb.jpg

post-3855-089191500 1293660052_thumb.jpg

I felt the same way Mike! I didn't want to put all this time into my suit and have it sit in a trunk. I found one for $155 shipped @

http://www.mannequinhub.com/full-body-abstract-male-mannequin-m-fg-blk.html

I have the same problem that the boots won't go on and my shin pieces wont close but it is free standing and works great for what I wanted.

Hey Aaron,

Not bad at all, pretty much identical but without the posable arms. Not sure that it is even worth the 55 dollars extra that I paid to get that.

Do you just lean your against the wall? I would hate for this thing to tip over and crack my helmet :o

Thanks for the reply

Do you just lean your against the wall? I would hate for this thing to tip over and crack my helmet :o

No it's freestanding. It came with a flat metal stand that has a rod that goes into the bottom of the foot of the mannequin that holds it upright. Still, just to play it on the safe side I display it in a corner.

In my opinion the $55 is worth it so you can put your BFG with the suit. That's the only downside about this one. I can cram the E-11 into the hand but it's fallen out and I'd rather it stay on display up on the wall vs ending up on the floor occasionally.

It's nice when people come over and they come into my office and do a double take when they see what's watching over the room. :D