Armor advice on TD Build

SandFlea

Hey guys, name is Darren and I'm in Texas. Star Garrison, Central Texas Squad. Need some advice. Completed my TD bucket KW2.5 AHN. Very nice buckets if I do say. Now I'm looking at armor kits. Let me give you all stats first. I'm 5'8" about 180lbs with most of my height in my torso. Legs have a 30inch inseam with short arms too.

My TK is AM lite kite .090 ABS from tupperwaretk very nice armor; however, for my build I had a lot of tough mods just to be able to walk around. I'm still trimming and this armor doesn't really lend itself for easy trimming. I was thinking about looking for another type of armor kit which would allow for more flexibility in trimming. Maybe TM 1MM for the TD build. Does anyone have any suggestions here to point a TD recruit in the right direction? Much thanks and I hope to troop with many of you in the future.

I wouldn't drop the entire build just because its hard to trim out.

I have built 2 am kits and I use:

Lexan scissors (for trimming RC car bodies). Works great for curved cuts, angles, etc.

Score and snap method: use a metal ruler and exacto hobby blade to score a straight line. Make multiple passes, then snap the plastic. Works great for straight lines.

Dremel with reinforced cutting wheels / sanding drum. Good for tight corners, etc.

Heres a link to my AM TK build if you need any AM build tips

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10434&st=0

with the hieght and wieght you have posted there is going to minimal trimming to any armour you go with, if you have built your own Helmet then the rest of the armour will be easy.

Im going with VT armour which i believe to be a TE and Gino hybrid, and i have a CAP helmet.

good luck with the build ask as many as questions as you feel necessary the guys here love helping newbies out

Panda, I didn't scrap the build. I use this armor as my TK armor; however, I was intrested in looking at some other armor options. Don't get me wrong AM is great armor and I will try those scissors. My main motive for asking is I have only seen AM armor...I know there are many troopers out there who have seen others. I really liked your TD build Panda but when I looked at Rolf's build it really caught my eye. Thanks for the advice guys.

Hey Darren, how are you bro?

With your build, I think that although AM armor could be trimmed to fit you, it might not be your best option out there.

I am not much taller than you, and the TE2 armor fits like a glove.

I am guessing if going that way, you maybe would need some trimming on the forearms pieces and probably just a bit on the legs. But not as much as a AM armor.

Even if you needed to trim a lot, it would need less trimming than an AM kit.

TE2 is an amazing armor. Together with TM, the best 2 kits available.

TM armor like Rolf's is also amazing. Although I have never seen one in person, I have seen 100 of pictures from different builds and I would say if you go that way, you will have a real piece of art.

Those two I am confident would fit fit, or can easily be make to fit you no problem.

Saludos.

Hey Darren, how are you bro?

With your build, I think that although AM armor could be trimmed to fit you, it might not be your best option out there.

I am not much taller than you, and the TE2 armor fits like a glove.

I am guessing if going that way, you maybe would need some trimming on the forearms pieces and probably just a bit on the legs. But not as much as a AM armor.

Even if you needed to trim a lot, it would need less trimming than an AM kit.

TE2 is an amazing armor. Together with TM, the best 2 kits available.

TM armor like Rolf's is also amazing. Although I have never seen one in person, I have seen 100 of pictures from different builds and I would say if you go that way, you will have a real piece of art.

Those two I am confident would fit fit, or can easily be make to fit you no problem.

Saludos.

Thanks, I am going either TE2 or TM depending on time to get armor. I've already talked with Paul about TM armor and really leaning that way thanks to Rolf...Much thanks to him!